Censorship vs. Lack of Support

ciaonzo

TheContinental
10+ year member
Feb 1, 2009
WI
I dunno, this whole Alex Jones thing. I don't think he's being "censored" just because certain platforms no longer wish to carry his content. I mean, if he had is very own network airing his show and they stormed his studio to shut everything down and prevent his show from airing, then yeah. That's censorship and we should be worried about the encroachment of civil liberties. But he's basically been spewing garbage for free on other people's social platforms. That's not a right, that's a privilege. Am I missing something here?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-06/youtube-bans-alex-jones-after-itunes-facebook-remove-content

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-06/krieger-stop-complaining-and-just-delete-facebook

wew lad

wew lad inc
Mar 22, 2015
MA
I dunno, this whole Alex Jones thing. I don't think he's being "censored" just because certain platforms no longer wish to carry his content. I mean, if he had is very own network airing his show and they stormed his studio to shut everything down and prevent his show from airing, then yeah. That's censorship and we should be worried about the encroachment of civil liberties. But he's basically been spewing garbage for free on other people's social platforms. That's not a right, that's a privilege. Am I missing something here?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-06/youtube-bans-alex-jones-after-itunes-facebook-remove-content

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-06/krieger-stop-complaining-and-just-delete-facebook
You're missing the fact that left openly spews garbage on these platforms without the same level of censorship that he experiences. 

• Thanks
Reactions: Popwarhomie

Gregor Clegane

CarAudio.com Veteran
Oct 12, 2012
Montreal, Qc
That's totally unacceptable and scary. Nobody's doing anything about cnn or tyt and they are the real fake news/ left propagandists.

Everyone should have the right to say whatever the fuck they want no matter how fuck up and it should be up to any individual to listen or not.

Nobody cares anymore about all the soldiers who died in trenches or got bayoneted in nightmarish wars to ensure freedom and justice for all.

OP
ciaonzo

ciaonzo

TheContinental
10+ year member
Feb 1, 2009
WI
I think these platforms will do it just as quickly to anyone who isn't good for business, black white left right. Not just Alex Jones, who was just a convenient example for me to use BTW. I'm mostly indifferent on the matter of these sensationalist clowns huffing and puffing into a microphone and expecting to be taken seriously. But again, I don't believe it is censorship. These people who are dropped from social platforms can begin their own enterprises and broadcast to their heart's content, no one is going to shut them down. Make videos spewing your opinions, upload them to your own servers and pay for a domain name to host them. But see, that's where it gets tough right? You need money to do that and businesses can provide that if you let them advertise. But what if those businesses think your messages are negatively impacting their image or sales on their items. Are they going to keep funding you?

I served my country and I was floating in the Gulf while we were wrapping things up over there during Desert Storm/Desert Shield, so I respect our freedoms and all that. But I also believe in personal responsibility and consequences for your actions. I firmly believe you should be able to say anything you want, but I also believe you should be prepared to be held fully accountable for those things said. Do you think that I won't jack you in your jaw if you come to my house and say summin disrespectful to my mama? A lot of ignorant, entitled people mistakenly believe that freedom of speech somehow also includes some underlying impunity and that they're free from the responsibility of the damage done with those words. Being provocative is great because it can stir thought and open dialogue, but if you want to go overboard and be really sensationalized about it like Alex Jones or others (left or right), it really should be an independent effort so that the blowback can only hurt Alex Jones, yeah? It shouldn't be tied in with McDonald's or Pepsi. You shouldn't be surprised when you spew hate filled nonsensical stupidity that divides people and big business says you are not good for the current interests of the owners/advertisers/customers. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to pit any sides against one another here. I don't want to rub you dudes the wrong way (eww) or cause any big arguments. This is just one Veteran's opinion so don't take it to heart. I don't even believe in the left right Rep Dem, voting process, none of that. I don't vote anymore because it's all one big joke on us, the worker bee population. It's all theater to keep you distracted and "involved" while you're being a good consumer. I mean, look at where we are now as a people, as a country. The laughing stock of the globe. Alex Jones helped with that.

• Thanks
Reactions: macsdad

Spider Monkey

WEEEEEEEEEEE™
10+ year member
Apr 12, 2007
In a Cage
Hey I'm just stoked that I don't have to bypass the god damn foul language filter on this shit box forum anymore.

DOWN WITH CENSORSHIP!!

OP
ciaonzo

ciaonzo

TheContinental
10+ year member
Feb 1, 2009
WI
Still can't poast no fuckin tiddies, though.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Ok **** it. I'll post my two cents. I'm glad. He's a horrible human being spewing hate and lies and being banned from certain social media sites should be the least of his worries. I find people like him repulsive and that's putting it unbelievable mildly. Inciting violence, riots, or physical harm trump's (lmao) the first amendment. 

I actually wrote a second paragraph playing devil's advocate. I'll save it for later maybe.

OP
ciaonzo

ciaonzo

TheContinental
10+ year member
Feb 1, 2009
WI
Appreciated, man. Everyone's opinion counts in here and there's definitely more than one perspective to have on it. I mean it's not really about him, he's a clown. I'm focusing more on the title of the thread, is it truly censorship or is it a newfound lack of support. Those are two very different things.

I think he's simply being held accountable for his actions and it's not something for people to get up in arms about, claiming that it's an infringement upon the First Amendment. He can still go around saying anything he wants, he'll just have to do it somewhere else.

OP
ciaonzo

ciaonzo

TheContinental
10+ year member
Feb 1, 2009
WI
That's a pretty good stance to have these days. I normally wouldn't even start a thread like this but I was reading the articles and shaking my head, figured I would poast up.

wew lad

wew lad inc
Mar 22, 2015
MA
Ok **** it. I'll post my two cents. I'm glad. He's a horrible human being spewing hate and lies and being banned from certain social media sites should be the least of his worries. I find people like him repulsive and that's putting it unbelievable mildly. Inciting violence, riots, or physical harm trump's (lmao) the first amendment. 

I actually wrote a second paragraph playing devil's advocate. I'll save it for later maybe.
Had an individual who you agree with been censored in such a 1984 Orwellian manner would you feel the same way? You're not very tolerant. 

OP
ciaonzo

ciaonzo

TheContinental
10+ year member
Feb 1, 2009
WI
So your view is that he was censored? I think they just reacted to him and put distance between. Look at Rosanne. She used her freedoms and said what she said, no one censored her. But they did hold her responsible. That's the point I'm trying to highlight. Moral and personal responsibility comes with the freedoms that many take for granted. Especially for anyone with a celebrity alter ego.

I'm much more worried about the removal of historical monuments from parks, and books from schools. Let's see what happens with Julian Assange before we go getting all excited about a real infringement on the First Amendment.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
I'm much more worried about the removal of historical monuments from parks, and books from schools. .
THIS. This is what bothers me. Wew lad, I'm not ignoring you, and I'll answer your question soon enough. 

macsdad

boom-boom
Jun 12, 2010
Trussville, Al
I think these platforms will do it just as quickly to anyone who isn't good for business, black white left right. Not just Alex Jones, who was just a convenient example for me to use BTW. I'm mostly indifferent on the matter of these sensationalist clowns huffing and puffing into a microphone and expecting to be taken seriously. But again, I don't believe it is censorship. These people who are dropped from social platforms can begin their own enterprises and broadcast to their heart's content, no one is going to shut them down. Make videos spewing your opinions, upload them to your own servers and pay for a domain name to host them. But see, that's where it gets tough right? You need money to do that and businesses can provide that if you let them advertise. But what if those businesses think your messages are negatively impacting their image or sales on their items. Are they going to keep funding you?

I served my country and I was floating in the Gulf while we were wrapping things up over there during Desert Storm/Desert Shield, so I respect our freedoms and all that. But I also believe in personal responsibility and consequences for your actions. I firmly believe you should be able to say anything you want, but I also believe you should be prepared to be held fully accountable for those things said. Do you think that I won't jack you in your jaw if you come to my house and say summin disrespectful to my mama? A lot of ignorant, entitled people mistakenly believe that freedom of speech somehow also includes some underlying impunity and that they're free from the responsibility of the damage done with those words. Being provocative is great because it can stir thought and open dialogue, but if you want to go overboard and be really sensationalized about it like Alex Jones or others (left or right), it really should be an independent effort so that the blowback can only hurt Alex Jones, yeah? It shouldn't be tied in with McDonald's or Pepsi. You shouldn't be surprised when you spew hate filled nonsensical stupidity that divides people and big business says you are not good for the current interests of the owners/advertisers/customers. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to pit any sides against one another here. I don't want to rub you dudes the wrong way (eww) or cause any big arguments. This is just one Veteran's opinion so don't take it to heart. I don't even believe in the left right Rep Dem, voting process, none of that. I don't vote anymore because it's all one big joke on us, the worker bee population. It's all theater to keep you distracted and "involved" while you're being a good consumer. I mean, look at where we are now as a people, as a country. The laughing stock of the globe. Alex Jones helped with that.
I am a veteran as well dude, I am in agreement with this statement @ciaonzo

• Thanks
Reactions: Slo_Ride

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Had an individual who you agree with been censored in such a 1984 Orwellian manner would you feel the same way? You're not very tolerant. 
There was a very specific reason why I choose to separate one of my previous post into two parts. I was damn near certain that some one would post exactly what you did, not only that but I also knew that it would be only one of two people. I was right. Twice. I disagree with all discrimination. Unlike you, I am tolerant of all. While I may disagree with everything he says, I I completely disagree with any one with the nerve to take away his platform. You people seem to be to stupid to realize that the temple in which you have built up , this magnificent temple, will be your impending doom. I disagree with ALL  and ANY censorship. You'll bitch and moan to prove a point. the only real question is.. are you even smart enough to know the difference. 

I'll chime in with the rest of original statement once some one with more than half a brain chimes in. Arguing with stupid people. What's the point? 

• Thanks
Reactions: ciaonzo
OP
ciaonzo

ciaonzo

TheContinental
10+ year member
Feb 1, 2009
WI
I'm surprised hispls hasn't made an entry, he's usually very fair and evenhanded with his insightful responses.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
I thought only the few of us were psychic. 

If by fair and insightful you mean ultra right wing then yep , that my Maine boy. Left, Right, or indifferent, as long as we can all get along and act a fool then its all good. Its the ones who take it waaay to serious that **** it up for the rest of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: macsdad

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds