cdt tweets question?

alti98
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Va
I got my cdt tweets today. Iwas just wondering do I have to wire them to the actuater or can I just wire them directly to my current crossover? I would be alot easier to wire them to my mb quart pce-216 crossover and not have as much wire. But If I have to wire them to it I will as I dont wanna blow either speakers.

Bump please help. I really want to install these and im trying to figure out if I can wire them directly to my x-overs or if I have to use the tweeter acuater

I got my cdt tweets today. Iwas just wondering do I have to wire them to the actuater or can I just wire them directly to my current crossover? I would be alot easier to wire them to my mb quart pce-216 crossover and not have as much wire. But If I have to wire them to it I will as I dont wanna blow either speakers.
wire them to actuator it will really come in handy on certain songs were you might want the highs to scream a bit louder. i was in your same position when i bought my cdt tweets i found it was much better to have them on the actuator. if you dont you will find that at times and certain songs they will distort a bit. but nothing to be worried about. but it is a nice bonus to be able to adjust there levels.

wire them to actuator it will really come in handy on certain songs were you might want the highs to scream a bit louder. i was in your same position when i bought my cdt tweets i found it was much better to have them on the actuator. if you dont you will find that at times and certain songs they will distort a bit. but nothing to be worried about. but it is a nice bonus to be able to adjust there levels.
Thanks for the reply.

Where did you mount the acuator?

i would really like to have 2 seprate acuators is there any where I could get another one?

If I could get another one I wouldnt have to run speaker wire throught the doors.

This is a second tweeter im adding.

This is going to be a big weekend project.

Thanks for the reply.

i would really like to have 2 seprate acuators is there any where I could get another one?

If I could get another one I wouldnt have to run speaker wire throught the doors.

i mounted my acuator right underneath the dash in a loaction i can get to it while driving. make sure you mount those tweets as close to ear level in a-pillars if possible they sound aswome there. i wouldnt know about running a nother set of tweets. 2 sounds great to me. ill try and post some picks of my install some time soon

Thanks for the reply.

if u need another controller i have a few 20 shipped each. u could only use them on one output on each if u like:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.