cdt EF-61 replace with?

protocol_droid
10+ year member

sd, ca
I've got a set of these 6.5's in the front and i've never been really happy with them. They're powered by a diamond d3 400.4 to just the components in the front...plenty of juice. I was disappointed with the highs that I didn't get out of them. I'm looking for a good replacement that can handle 150-180W my amp can put out that will give me the highs I'd like. Any ideas? Rainbow, PG rsd's. I need help. thanks in advance.

wow dude, you got the exactly same set up i do...lol, well kind of...

i don't know dude but i'm fairly happy with my highs...

maybe its one of those things where if you haven't heard anything better, you wouldn't know what better actually is...

i'm going to have to check out my buds slc's to try to compare...

ive never had any problems with the highs from the ef 61 cfi's. and between me and a buddy we used about 4 pairs.

can you clarify what you mean by not happy with them? whats wrong with the sound?

It really sounds like you need to do some trouble shooting rather than buy a new set at the moment. I have the EF -61's and they are a lot better than stock.

I am not saying that you may not want to change --- but right now I don't think that you really know what those comps sound like properly installed.

It really sounds like you need to do some trouble shooting rather than buy a new set at the moment. I have the EF -61's and they are a lot better than stock.I am not saying that you may not want to change --- but right now I don't think that you really know what those comps sound like properly installed.
yup.

my cdt's blew my stock speakers out of the water. it wasnt even close.

if your stocks are louder, you either have REALLY good stock speakers, or you got a problem you need to trouble shoot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.