cca vs ofc or copper - 1/0 ga run from batt to rear/2nd batt

nefariouscaine
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i did some searching around and maybe i just didn't look hard enough but i couldn't find a thread specific regarding this question.

I'm looking at adding a second batt to the back and running 1/0 ga to replace the 4ga there now.

I'm trying to find out if cca is ok or do i need solid copper, as cca is kinda cheaper by far.

My systems total potential rms is going to be around 1600w rms. This includes my sub amp, 4 channel for front door and rear deck, and the stock amp powering the pillar tweets up front and 3 inches on the rear.

I have the big 3 done with that high end stinger hpm or what ever its called with a good ac delco under the hood. I'll be putting a massive walmart battery in the trunk when i have more cash and have done the new 1/0 ga run.

Let of know if cca is fine or if i need to get solid copper. Thanks.

Hello/

*TryStar Welding Cable* is what I use/:cool:....lol.Honestly,though,it's really a nice flexible cable for a decent price.

I'm using their *2/0 Welding Cable* this time and that'll be it for this guy Running out of Age.They have different colors

also,and they also offer:*Free Printing* every foot of the cable,too! You can have your name UserName[Which I did]

*MustangGT/25YRS* Make of Car/Truck/SUV/Car Audio Team/Company Name/Etc. I think that's pretty cool to offer it

for free.

Anyways,which ever route you take w/the Cable.*All The Best w/Your System*//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

Best Regards/

Raymond

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.