Cat back suggestions

You don't need it.. just helps. Also, simply dropping in an air filter won't do anything noticable at all. You have to get a full kit with a new cone filter, the intake tube, etc. They are cheap for those cars and add power and efficiency so it is sort of a no brainer. Those sites say that the exhaust kits will fit so I'd assume they do.

You don't need it.. just helps. Also, simply dropping in an air filter won't do anything noticable at all. You have to get a full kit with a new cone filter, the intake tube, etc. They are cheap for those cars and add power and efficiency so it is sort of a no brainer. Those sites say that the exhaust kits will fit so I'd assume they do.
On civic forums, they say that the filters are what make the difference, not the tubing.

Okay well enough of the "my dick is bigger than yours" discussion. Keep it to fucking PM's.

Why do I need headers before an exhuast?
Don't get mad, Im just telling you save your money and buy a faster car that is all. Adding exhaust to that Honda will do nothing, maybe 5 hp if that, not enough for you to notice. A full tune up on your car with better spark plugs and wires/coils will get you more HP than that exhaust will. If you are gonna spend the money spend it wisely and do some research. I would almost bet you have lost at least 20hp over the years in the motor alone. The E3 plugs are the only ones that actually work and will give you gains. Even with the minimal gain from the plugs and wires plus if you do a new complete Cold air intake cone/tube and a new intake manifold, you will not gain enough HP or TQ to benefit from a catback exhaust. If you want the exhaust just for the sound that is different. But if more power is your goal go with the healthy tune up first, then move on from there. I would buy a tuner before exhaust, Not sure which one is best for Hondas but look for different companies that offer free lifetime tunes. You can buy the same exact tuner from different dealers but some will offer the free lifetime tunes as long as you own the car. They send them vis Email and you just download them into your tuner. Very helpful if you keep modding your car and want to retune it after every install. Not so much helpful if you add Turbos or anything that is not considered a bolt on. Then you need a Dyno shop and I would go with the tuner the use.

[quote name='Brock79']Don't get mad, Im just telling you save your money and buy a faster car that is all. Adding exhaust to that Honda will do nothing, maybe 5 hp if that, not enough for you to notice. A full tune up on your car with better spark plugs and wires/coils will get you more HP than that exhaust will. If you are gonna spend the money spend it wisely and do some research. I would almost bet you have lost at least 20hp over the years in the motor alone. The E3 plugs are the only ones that actually work and will give you gains. Even with the minimal gain from the plugs and wires plus if you do a new complete Cold air intake cone/tube and a new intake manifold, you will not gain enough HP or TQ to benefit from a catback exhaust. If you want the exhaust just for the sound that is different. But if more power is your goal go with the healthy tune up first, then move on from there. I would buy a tuner before exhaust, Not sure which one is best for Hondas but look for different companies that offer free lifetime tunes. You can buy the same exact tuner from different dealers but some will offer the free lifetime tunes as long as you own the car. They send them vis Email and you just download them into your tuner. Very helpful if you keep modding your car and want to retune it after every install. Not so much helpful if you add Turbos or anything that is not considered a bolt on. Then you need a Dyno shop and I would go with the tuner the use.[/QUOTE]

He's not really going for speed, more for just a better exhaust tone. @09civic; filters don't help much when wedged into an air box. All of the bends, wrinkles, and bottlenecks create a turbulent air flow that increases vacuum at the intake manifold. Simply changing a flat filter does nothing for the dynamics of air flow through the intake plumbing. Using a uniform tubular intake will allow for increased velocity and a decrease in vacuum pressure, increasing efficiency and power. I have installed aftermarket kits and built custom kits for all types of B series motors, D series motors, Ford v8s, and Chevy v8s. It is really a simple concept.

Here is what you need.....and then the car to put it in...

Photo_032709_001.jpg

He's not really going for speed, more for just a better exhaust tone. @09civic ; filters don't help much when wedged into an air box. All of the bends, wrinkles, and bottlenecks create a turbulent air flow that increases vacuum at the intake manifold. Simply changing a flat filter does nothing for the dynamics of air flow through the intake plumbing. Using a uniform tubular intake will allow for increased velocity and a decrease in vacuum pressure, increasing efficiency and power. I have installed aftermarket kits and built custom kits for all types of B series motors, D series motors, Ford v8s, and Chevy v8s. It is really a simple concept.
Gotcha.

@SplAffair reccommended an Si exhaust which I thought was a good idea. Will they fit non Si models?

Well the chassis is the same so as long as the header collector is in the same location, then yes it will fit. I think most of the kits, if not all of them, that were posted in the thread are bolt on so they'll be easy to install. I have a feeling that the si exhausts will fit just fine.

Well the chassis is the same so as long as the header collector is in the same location, then yes it will fit. I think most of the kits, if not all of them, that were posted in the thread are bolt on so they'll be easy to install. I have a feeling that the si exhausts will fit just fine.

Actual read up and it won't. The Si cat back is about 12 in shorter than the R18. So I would need to have a shop modify it. I would go with an axle back but I feel like the change will be too subtle. I drove my friends new 2012 subara impreza wrx last night and I love the sound of his completely stock.

Actual read up and it won't. The Si cat back is about 12 in shorter than the R18. So I would need to have a shop modify it. I would go with an axle back but I feel like the change will be too subtle. I drove my friends new 2012 subara impreza wrx last night and I love the sound of his completely stock.
I hate how they sound when modded though. Something about that engine...just not what I like to hear lol...they are fun to drive though. Totally different beast then the civic.

The length of the si exhaust is probably due to a different header on the si then. Honestly, the muffler is what makes most of the sound difference on those cars. An axle back would Definately make a difference. Weren't you initially going for a more subtle change rather than a radical change?

The length of the si exhaust is probably due to a different header on the si then. Honestly, the muffler is what makes most of the sound difference on those cars. An axle back would Definately make a difference. Weren't you initially going for a more subtle change rather than a radical change?
Yes but not something too subtle. IE, only able to hear the difference when really getting on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.