Cars full of freon still no cool air.

As above stated car is overly full on freon .blows semi cold. I mean its barely cool/
Did you over fill it. Over filling you ac system will not help it.

2nd Same as the other guy said. Turn car on. Put AC on full max and step out. Watch your ac compressor and see if it goes on and off.

Also what kindof vehicle do you drive. What year make model sub model. Will try to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI cars don't use freon, they use R34-a refrigerant. gonna want to check that the compressor comes on, if so check to make sure you're making pressure, if so than I don't know.

FYI cars don't use freon, they use R34-a refrigerant. gonna want to check that the compressor comes on, if so check to make sure you're making pressure, if so than I don't know.
Ummm yeah they do. All the years I been at work they call it that. And its R134. Pick up a can at your local store. What does it say on it. R134 freon. Shoot you can google that answer quick.

"Full" doesn't mean it's correct. There is a reason the average joe shouldn't be filling their vehicle's refrigerant. You have to have the proper amount and oil in the system for it to function properly. If you were low on freon before, it's because you have a leak in the system and the system should be sealed. Any part of the system could be at fault, but as has been stated, check that the compressor is cycling. If not, check for voltage, if no voltage, check the fuses and pressure switch. Beyond that, there's not much you can do.

we just put down $474 for a new A/C compressor clutch in my wife's 06 Saturn Ion, thats for a used/refurb part, 2hrs labor, and a full a/c check on a machine and top off of refridgerant. We had power to the unit, no fuse problems, but the compressor just wouldnt kick on... We got the car back last thursday and it is epictacularmazing to have a/c again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

we just put down $474 for a new A/C compressor clutch in my wife's 06 Saturn Ion, thats for a used/refurb part, 2hrs labor, and a full a/c check on a machine and top off of refridgerant. We had power to the unit, no fuse problems, but the compressor just wouldnt kick on... We got the car back last thursday and it is epictacularmazing to have a/c again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
i lived in south carolina for 4 years worth of 100+degree summers with no a/c.....thank god i got a new car

There is a control switch, on on or around the compressor.. if the unit is not kicking on.. but the fuses are good and you cant seam to figure out what the problem is.. try replacing that switch..My aunts PT cruiser was doing the same thing.. we bypassed it by supplying power to the other end of that and it kicked on.. simple replacement of that part fixed the problem.. might be worth looking into.. cant remember the name of the part..

We need to find out what kind of car he has. This would help... the best. Overfilling the A/C will cause serious issues. Chances are this is already fixed seeing how the OP was back in may... with not 1 reply.

Should be a sticker under the hood telling you how much freon/refrigerant/whatever you wanna call it should be charged into the system. If not, I'm sure you can find out on the internet or other resources: AllData, Mitchell, etc. Overcharging the system will not make your a/c work better, but the opposite. In fact overcharging it will likely blow seals causing the system to leak in the future.

Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.