Carputer 101

When it comes to Sony i am pretty hard headed about it. the only Sony product i use is

PS2 Sir. And when the PS3 comes out, one of those. LMAO. Never a sub.

(back in '97 when they had Mobile ES, those 12's POUNDED HARD!!! Xplod (lol) is no comparison to Mobile ES)

my system is slowly coming together... my lilliput 7" came in today, yay haha.. and yeah .. Luzer.. sony car audio ***** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

THAT requires an installation.
yeah, guys if you plan on puttin a screen in your car/truck put some extra effort and mold it into your car,it will look much more appealinging rather than just sticking it somewhere.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

problem with that is,hard to find apple software for it,a lot of these programmers dont mess with unix. Plus you can do a little more on a pc,not dissing apple shoot i love apple for my editing. But some people like to be able to choose there equipment. plus of the startup shutdown controls apple is very difficult to deal with, especially if something in your apple fries not as easy to replace parts. all of the extra stuff like a gps dongle and such will make the cost go up. apple compatible = $$ there arent really any front ends for it,gps software not compatible..you will encounter little problems which you dont want. in the end for a car pc a windows pc should do the trick for Custombility.
its an intel duo core you can load winblows on it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif its 110v though right?

its an intel duo core you can load winblows on it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif its 110v though right?
you still have to worry about replacement parts. apple is more expensive. and a startup shutdown controller. so there are too many quirks with Apple,maybe in the long run it might be more efficient to use for car use.

Just a note: I do not hate Apple,i actually would prefer an Apple over a pc,but i like pc's due to the custom ability it can do. and a lot of freeware programs are meant for Windows. if i had the funds i would buy a 17" mac book pro for editing and web browsing. But lately i hate how microsoft dumbed down windows into a frontend(media center) pretty soon its goin to only be a frontend and we as, i guess correct term, "hackers" will not be able to do fun stuff anymore with windows. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Get this.....I been running Winamp as my front end. I love it, I dunno why. Anyway, Its been SLUGGISH and having problems. You play the song its on, and thats it. Next track, 3 seconds in, it closed. Also, when I would run the AVS for the screen saver type things, it would be REALLY slow.

Well, I 100% uninstalled it, and deleted it all from the directory. The whole 9 yards. I reinstalled it, and all that. GREAT!! It works!! Well, it was STILL really slow on the AVS and stuff like that. SO....I got to thinking.... My wireless mouse is USB with the PS2 adapter, same as my keyboard. I had 2 available USB ports on the back, so with 1 I used the USB SoundBlaster thing which has RCA outputs on it. The other USB I had it on a 4 port hub, mounted on top the PC enclosure. Well, I dunno why, but I thought of it having too many "USB Items" might be slowing it down. I unplugged the 4 port hub from its 6" extension, and D@MN!!!! !00% new speed. It now runs smoother than ever before. MUCH faster. So...yep. That happened Friday, on a 3 hour drive to a car show. WEEEE!! All weekend long I was able to crank up my system. (CD player skips when I would crank it to the max, lol)

Its great. LOL. Some chick at a drive thru was like...

"How much dat coss in yo truck?"

I say "a pretty penny"

"How much fo you to do dat fo me?"

I ask "What kinda vehicle you drive?"

"Dat one ova dere..."

She points to a 1985 corolla.

I say "About 3 grand"

"Oh, das aight, I thought maybe like fiddy dollas"

I ask "have you EVER tried to get a price on ANYTHING for a car stereo?"

"Ma brutha gits his stuff real cheap, hes gunna do it for nuthin den!"

So, I pull off with my 2 regular McD lil burgers, laughing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...