Carputer 101

You have any idea how much CF is gonna be with the GPS software?
Are they going to be using the Destinator SDK as well, or something else?

I love RR but if the price isn't bad I'll jump over to CF so I can have better GPS integration.
centrafuse will have different selections. there will be a basic, premium and platinum. platinum will have gps plus phone integration. premium will have just phone integration. I can't tell you specific stuff cause I am messaging from my phone. just goolgle Centrafuse and check out the website

Have you ever had any problems or heard of any problems with larger subs creating problems with the computer because of all the rattling and shaking?

well that was the 1st thing that worried me, but i havent had a problem yet, just make sure you try to keep your hdd as far away as possible from sub, like mine thats why i placed my in my dash(besides i had the space for it). But if you have a sick system like an mt i suggest,brace yourself, a capacitor just for the computer. cause voltagedrop will kill your computer. i am only recomending a cap cause thaat is a cheap bandade solution for your cpu. if you got the cash invest in HO alt(id recomed a alt regardless,since you pulling that kinda power)

edit: thats why i recomend a 2.5hdd(laptop harddrive) they can withstand shocks much better

bump.gif

w00t...got iGuidance v2.1.3 today (for free //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif) and am using iGMon to embed it with RR, works awesome...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

100x better then Street Atlas

w00t...got iGuidance v2.1.3 today (for free //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif) and am using iGMon to embed it with RR, works awesome...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
100x better then Street Atlas
I got mine for free too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif yes its a fun little software

I'm thinking of putting one in my car.
M2-ATX

VIA-EPIA 1000

512mb ddr

60gb 5400 2.5" hdd

this 7" touchscreen in-dash lcd

http://cgi.ebay.com/7-In-Dash-VGA-Touch-Screen-Monitor-for-Car-PC-GPS-A1_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ67771QQihZ018QQitemZ280019924727QQrdZ1

got decent reviews and is non-motorized (good thing)

I wish I would have thought about a carputer before I got my 880. My alpine 7995 was great but I upgraded to the 880 mostly for the ipod integration
sounds good just becareful

"Shipping and Return Policy

Exchange of defective item should be returned to us within 15 days

Buyer is responsible for all return shipping costs

All bids and sales are FINAL and NO REFUND for any reasons

Open box merchandise is subject to a 20% Restocking fee where applicable

Legal action will be going to take for non-paying bidders"

On MP3Car.com I saw all the diffrent front ends, but I didnt get into detail. Are they like another program in windows, or does it overwrite windows? I'm having problems right now with winamp closing when I switch songs, and its pissing me off.

There is a setting in my frontend (Centrafuse) where i can run it as a shell(it gets rid of the windows explorer desktop,and you cannot use ur desktop now,only centrafuse) or you can run it as is like any other program. set your resoluion to your desire and walah. i just put my centrafuse in my startup up menu so right when my computer logs in it automatically loads up centrafuse,this way i can access my desktop when in need in my car.

Shell, for me is better. Because I regularly attend shows, and I wanna upload the pics and vids while I am there. BUT....I guess if I ran it, I'd have to pull my monitor/HU back out, and run the USB cable for the touch screen, lol

Shell, for me is better. Because I regularly attend shows, and I wanna upload the pics and vids while I am there. BUT....I guess if I ran it, I'd have to pull my monitor/HU back out, and run the USB cable for the touch screen, lol
put it like me

click Start

All programs

and drop centrafuse(or whatever you are using) in the Startup folder

this way you can access your desktop,its much easier to upload through windows it self then through a frontend IMO

when you login it will boot it up automatically,but this way you wont sacrifice your desktop

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...