Cardboard cut outs for speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ekah

Senior VIP Member
hawaii
Could I use some cut out cardboard circles for my speakers I found? It's pretty thick and wanted to use it to be a spacer between the front of the speaker to door panel so like a funnel to the panel not to be mistaken from the back of the speaker to the panel bit the front of the cone to transfer waves and thinking of using balistic mat to cover the cardboard and maybe sticky it on the cone of the speaker or maybe glue? Or is this a horrible idea?

Yup it is. Because if moisture ever gets to the cardboard, before you know it it will start stinking and grow mold, etc. It'll be weak in the longrun.

Better idea is grab some 1/4" wood, not mdf but rather something like plywood, or some other type of board. It's fairly enexpensive and most hardware/lumber places usually have small cut sheets for cheap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.