Caraudio.com Member Spotlight Fi Audio

Ramos... how much air space does this bowl have? Will it be a daily SQL popcorn bowl? More details please;)

thehardknoxlife... We have been kicking around the idea of a X 8". But thats about it... with 3" coils on everything else, not lots you can do with only a 6" spider to support things.

I'm looking for at least enough room to feed 20 people for a 20 minutes or so. So probably in the .75-1cuft area. It won't be a daily bowl . More weekly use for about 10-17 Sundays, with an occasional Monday night thrown in. Needs to be kind of light weight, just in case of travel. I couldn't guarantee the amount of alcohol consumed in the presence of said popcorn bowl . Is butter and salt an except able topping for foam surrounds ? How about a salsa bowl for a dust cap ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ramos... how much air space does this bowl have? Will it be a daily SQL popcorn bowl? More details please;)
thehardknoxlife... We have been kicking around the idea of a X 8". But thats about it... with 3" coils on everything else, not lots you can do with only a 6" spider to support things.
Dang, I was hoping the Q might come in an 8. Will it be offered in a 10"

Yes we will. We already have things designed, but are tooling baskets for them. No major rush on getting them out, since we are focusing on the subwoofers right now and trying to keep leadtimes as short as possible. We will have 2 different component sets. One that is entry level and goes with the X series and the higher end SQ set that will go with the Q series. Only 6.5" sets. Mids will also be available separately for those that want to double up on the midbasses or simply want to use their favorite tweeter with them.

whats the price point on them?

how bout some Q 18 pics
X2 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

looks like i will be going with an 18" Q to replace my dual 15's

~Magick_Man~

oh and you might have answered this already but do you take paypal?

For those requesting.... here are a couple of Q18 pics.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/mozvegas/Small%20Fi%20pics/Q18frontsmall.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/mozvegas/Small%20Fi%20pics/Q18backsmall.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/mozvegas/Small%20Fi%20pics/Q18sidesmall.jpg

Motor does look a little small compared to the big basket... but heck, the BTL motor looks small on that basket //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Ramos... I am a little worried about the size of the bowl. Definitely on the small side of things... Can the bowl be stationary or does it have to be easily passed around? Im not doing much with neo right now, but even with that... weight is going to be the issue. 15" might simply be too much. The moving mass of the sub at bowls resonance could spell disaster, or atleast make you call in the dog to eat up what popcorn gets flung on the floor. This one is indeed a tough call.

Butter is fine on the surround, shines up nice with it. Careful with the salt as some in the gap will cause rubbing ans scratching of the coil. Whoever said "ketchup", no no no... but catsup is OK.

thehardknoxlife... no Q10. Geometry of the coil and surround to spider distance simply wont allow for it. To small of a rock ratio to be useful. Id really have to open things up to make sure it doesnt rub or pink on a Q10. I do have a proto of one, but decided against it. Id sell it to you for cheap as it works fine... Im just a little wary of having any issues further on down the road. Definitely not a Q8... not enough spider on an 8 to do a 3" coil... not too mention the Q motor is MUCH larger than the 8s cut ID.

btnhfan... not exactly sure what you are asking... but if Im assuming right, then the BTL10s were very close to not being available. Same reason as the Q, but even more so. The gaps on the BTL are MUCH tigher than the Q. It is almost a useless sub... but some people will still want them for very specific applications. I would highly recommend another option than the BTL10 for anything daily... And would almost insist that no one gets them with the 3rd mag and high xmax coil options... I would definitely have to do some tricks to keep them from rocking and rubbing. The teflon coated pole that will be available down the road will help with a good portion of this for the BTL10... it might even make a production Q10 a reality. A couple more weeks of testing with the teflon and Ill be sure of things then...

If thats not what you were asking about... well sorry for the lengthy of mark reply //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The "whole thing" as in Fi? It is a corporation, but privately funded by me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.