Caraudio.com Member Spotlight Fi Audio

Bolognablake... You are looking at the right sub for sealed. X works fine, SSD decent, Q great, BTL... dont even think about it.The Q is our SQ series. They work very well in both sealed and ported enclosures. Drop really deep and play plenty loud as well. Great all around sub.

So which Jeep are they going in? I have a sealed Q12 in my ZJ right now. Too bad you arent closer we could go wheeling out in the NV rocks. Ive got a 241OR (Out of a 2005 Rubicon) that I need to swap my ailing transfer case for... not too mention a whole bunch of cromo that needs to be bent for inside the cab. 2X2 1/4" wall trailing arms than need to have the mounts finished being fabbed (4 link rear to the 8.8 with aussie locker and long arm style upfront). Set of 34X10.5s to replace my 31X10.5s with (need to weld on the bead locks with the "Fi" logos first)... Need a good solid week to get this thing finished before it cools back down... but with orders the way they are coming in, not looking like Ill get the time.
It's going in my WJ. I'll be selling the XJ soon, because I need to buy a more economical daily driver. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I've got transfer case woes as well, in my WJ. IT has the NV247that I smashed up pretty good on memorial day this year at Turkey Bay OHV. I've been driving it daily since then, and I can tell it's on the verge of blowing up. Oh well.

I'd love to do some west-coast wheeling one day, it'd sure beat the heck out of the dirt hills we have here.

I moderate on JeepForum.com, you should stop by some time, if you haven't already.

SupaC... Not something I am offering as a standard item. We like that finish on the t-yokes as opposed to a smooth zinc or chrome simply because it doesnt show scratches. After several finish machining process to poles, the whole thing would have tiny scratches on it from long chips slinging around. I can do it, but dont really want to. If it was for a show car and things had to be reverse mounted and chromed I guess I could do it. Id have to check how much chroming would be. We are going to start copper plating all of the BTL poles as well. Then we will try some of the copper blackening solutions that are supposed to help with heat transfer (a future option).

90accordman... Yeah, the SSD, BTL, and Q look the same from the front. I love that dustcap, not from an aesthrtic point of view, but simply because it is so durable. We might change the logo color between the 3 lines. Silver for BTL, and grey for SSD.... something like that maybe. Just so you know whats what from a front view.

Bolognablake... the dreaded 247. I have the 249 without the lock on it... so Im even worse off. That viscous coupler creaks and slips like no tomorrow. I have been wanting to get the 4:1 241 in their for some time, but wont do it until I get the mounts finished for the rest of the suspension. Better to do it all at once and make sure to get the new driveshaft lengths right.

I used to spend lots of time on Naxja, Mallcrawlin, and Nagca... but business forced an end to that one. Ill have to stop by and say hi sometime...

Bolognablake... the dreaded 247. I have the 249 without the lock on it... so Im even worse off. That viscous coupler creaks and slips like no tomorrow. I have been wanting to get the 4:1 241 in their for some time, but wont do it until I get the mounts finished for the rest of the suspension. Better to do it all at once and make sure to get the new driveshaft lengths right.

I used to spend lots of time on Naxja, Mallcrawlin, and Nagca... but business forced an end to that one. Ill have to stop by and say hi sometime...
This may sound strange, but I have a lot more respect for you (and subsequently your products) because of your love for Jeeps. I very rarely come across anybody who know about audio and wheeling. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Manny... depends on the instal. In standard form, probably the SX. With the flatwinds added to the SSD... could be either one at that point.

Bolognablake... I knew my love of dirt would be good for something one day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Its simply been too hot to wheel much the past 2 months. But... Im hoping to get everything swapped out soon so that when it does cool down, we can head to the redrocks. When its cooler I have the "dirt everyday" bug. It definitely helps that I have a great crawling spot about 10 minutes (by prerunner, 15 by Jeep) from my house.

LOL... no interns needed. Keeping Fi as light as possible. But Im not opposed to sharing what I know.... not proprietary stuff of course...
offtopic

but you gotta have people around... so you can bring this comment out again..

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/bigbassloyd/?action=view&current=Ifingpaythesepeople.flv

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif /offtopic

So what ever happened to Terry's Stool?

Loyd L.

Bolognablake... I knew my love of dirt would be good for something one day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Its simply been too hot to wheel much the past 2 months. But... Im hoping to get everything swapped out soon so that when it does cool down, we can head to the redrocks. When its cooler I have the "dirt everyday" bug. It definitely helps that I have a great crawling spot about 10 minutes (by prerunner, 15 by Jeep) from my house.
I've got one place that that's about 50 minutes away (Wheel'n in the Country) and one place that's about two hours away (Turkey Bay OHV). I like Turkey Bay, even though it's farther away, because it's really open with miles of trails. At place that's closer all the trails are really tight, and very technical, where lockers are required. It's nice to do something challenging every once in a while, but I really don't like breaking stuff, which tends to happen there. The last casualty was a lunch box locker in the front axle of the XJ.

Oh, and I'm gonna stop the thread jacking now.

Thanks Loyd. Looked much better without all the grey hair (scruffy beard aside). Caught just a glimpse of the other caged half truck... I miss that one.

Bolognablake... Yeah, breaking things on a daily driver is never fun... Still running the 30 and 35s? I go tstuck with a 35 in my ZJ... So I have learned to finesse obstacles instead of attacking them. 8.8 and HP30 are collecting dust right now, but will make welcome additions when I get a chance to stick them in. Ill forwarrd you a couple pics of my "backyard" when I head out there next time.

BLAH BLAH BLAH, jeep this and jeep that. How about an astro, now thats a REAL vehicle! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Jeep > Everything else.

In case there was ever a question about it.

Just wanted to know which sub is going to play lower with more authority in the recommended sealed enclosure: 12"ssd vs 12" Q and 15' ssd vs. 15" Q. One of these will be going in a daily driver.

Allenzo... the Q will definitely take the SSD in the sealed department. The Q simply loves to play the low stuff. Feed either the Q12 or Q15 1000-1200W sealed and it will drop deep, play very clean, and loud. With the higher qts of the SSD, it tends to have a little more impact than extension. The Q will do both very well.

Yes we will. We already have things designed, but are tooling baskets for them. No major rush on getting them out, since we are focusing on the subwoofers right now and trying to keep leadtimes as short as possible. We will have 2 different component sets. One that is entry level and goes with the X series and the higher end SQ set that will go with the Q series. Only 6.5" sets. Mids will also be available separately for those that want to double up on the midbasses or simply want to use their favorite tweeter with them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.