Car System HELP!! ( 2 AMPS )!!!

Gloo

My car right now consists of mostly nothing ... i got a Pioneer Head Unit DEH-P3500 and two 6x9 Pioneer 350 watt speakers in back with stock up front. My goal was to add some bump (eventually lol) Anyways .. i was putting my eye on getting a Rockford Fosgate 4 Channel 1500 watt amp to run all speakers and another Rockford Fosgate 1200 watt to run 2 subs in back.Of course like 2 Farad Capacitors. Well i didnt know i would have to add a whole bunch of other stuff to get it and my car to start n run. People told me to just buy a new alternator , but i dunno what kind i should buy or need ? Anyone out there know? and if i get a alternator what else will i need to get that to run ... like wires and any other hidden things ? If i get just a new alternator will this solve all my problems or should i just shoot this idea outta my ass ? Or does anyone know what kinda system i could make with a standard car without adding any power to the car itself . Like a standrd car can handle.... like what a 300 watt amp and maybe a lil sub lol ? i dunno im real lost in this whole issue if anyone would know anything it would be a big help.

a whole z24 cavalier lol ...please hold your laughters.. but i always see these **** cars with systems that look like no power was added ... maybe ill see there car on the side of the road one day eh ? lol

consider deep cycle battery its cheaper than upgrading your alt. now if you plan on keeping your car for some years then consider upgrading the alt.

Yes, a 200 AMP High output alternator will be plenty to run all of that. ALSO, make sure you are looking at the RMS power of the amps, not the MAX power listed or plastered all over the front of the amp. I would say stick around here for a while, and read through or ask questions. You'll find that either by asking or reading you can build a MUCH better system than what ur considering for the same amount of money. Check out http://www.excessiveamperage.com Nate makes great alternators for cheap, and they actually put out their rated amperage...with a good year warranty. good luck, peace

NG

thanx for the site i emailed that guy about a price quote ... now i just have to sell a organ hehehe well....i think im just gonna start off with just subs now .. was going ebaying n heard JL 10" W6's were pretty nice n hard hitting if with right amp... so now i'm planning on getting 2 of the JL's and i dont know about which amp to get . The continuous output i was told was like 300 ... like i said im a tart with car audio since this is my first experiment car. I just want something that will keep a smile on my face but nothing weak n generic like walmart shopping (which i have been encouraged to buy ) I believe u pay for what u get with stereo systems ... so if n e one has n e ideas or thoughts they would be much appreciated.

thanks much everyone

Well, how much are you looking to spend on subs, box, and amp. I can send you in the right direction with a few diff. things in ur price range if u want to get the best you can for the money you want to spend. peace

NG

Well i get money every now and then so i will have to buy this piece by piece and use the words "one day " as i look at it . For an amp im looking in 250 dollar range if possible maybe higher but ill prolly buy off ebay since all i can find my way is over priced things,best buy, and walmarts. If its used ooo well as long as it actually works im not looking to make a show car here just some kinda nice sound ... ahh for the subs i just bought one JL 10w6 for $120 eventually ill buy another n the box for 'em .. so all i really need is a amp that will be best suited for the two of the JL's . My 4-way amp im not really worried about right now cuz i wont have the money after buying my alternator,2 subs,box,wires,Cap,and amp. So if u have any advice on which way to lean .... feel free to hop on in

Well i just bought one 12 Jl w6 ... im trying to find a amp that will best suit it ..any one have any ideas ? Im not looking for a real expensive one just one that'll do the job n wont die or make my car die. oooo i know im asking for much here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Well i just bought one 12 Jl w6 ... im trying to find a amp that will best suit it ..any one have any ideas ? Im not looking for a real expensive one just one that'll do the job n wont die or make my car die. oooo i know im asking for much here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I can see you getting the one 1200 watt amp for your subs. But I don't think you'll need a 1500 watt for your in car speakers. What kind of highs are you planning on running that can take that kind of power.

I just scraped that whole idea...right now all i have is my 6x9's and one 12 inch JL 6W sub ... im not gonna go all out n e more i lost intrest when i looked in my pockets for money. All i need now is some kinda amp and a ported 12' box. Just trying to get any advice on a good amp to run the one sub. Maybe later on ill add another 12 Jl but not right now. My friends told me to keep in mind the output to or my alternator will blow. i mean my car interior lights already dim a bit when the bass hits just with the 6x9s lol i dont know if it can handle harldy any good power to it. well lemme know what u think...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.