Car stereo wont work unless door open!

chatman56

canada
I have a 99 chevy venture van, and my stereo wont work unless the passenger door is open. This is an odd problem and i was wondering whats wrong! All four speakers dont work unless i open the passenger door, and when i do they fade in and work perfectly,but as soon as i close the door they all stop working. Sometimes they will keep working even after the door is closed, but when i hit a bump they stop again. Can anyone help? Thanks!!

remote lead hooked up to the same fuse as the dome light //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Nah seriously I dont know thats weird //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

On most decks Ive installed, if you short out one speaker they all cut out, so I would suggest the same as above and check the harness going into the door for a pinched or grounded wire.

Thanks so much for being so quick guys. This is the stock stereo so im not sure what has changed from when I first got it.. Like, I know pretty much nothing about wiring anything and I've never unscrewed anything in my car. I've checked all of the fuses and everything seems fine, so if someone could give me detailed steps as to what I have to do that would be unreal. Thanks!

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, when I open the door ALL FOUR speakers work perfectly, and when I close it, ALL FOUR turn off. And it's not just when I turn on the inside lights either, cause I've tried that with the doors closed. I also disable the inside lights for when I open the door, and still it turns back on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...