car setup for metal and hiphop

Alright so i mostly need help pickin out a great full car audio system for an SUV im planning on getting! im not really worried about price range but i dont wanna have to save up forever to get it. but specs that i know i want is pretty much two 2 ohm 12" subs around 1500w rms at 2 ohm(dosnt have to be exactly same wattage but aslong as i can feel the bass really hittin me im happy), an amp that puts out the same at 2 ohm, great car speaker setup so that i can still hear some great mid-high sound, a great box, what wires i should get, and other stuff ill need like if i need big 3 upgrade, upgrade alt, etc.. and stuff like

so besides that my other specifics is that im a metalhead so i listen to alot of metal but i also love real bassy songs like yelawolf or tech n9ne and dubstep, and also i listen to other stuff as well like pop, country, oldies and all that stuff but mostly metal and really bassy songs. So in other words my main thing is i wanna FEEL the double kick drum very precisely but i also want the bass drops in metal songs and the big bass beats in the hiphop or dubstep songs i listen to.

i have had friends in the past who had ****** setups for metal but i no longer talk to them so theres no way i could ask them lol. but one friend had a great setup for like the kick drum cause when he played like five finger death punch its sounded amazing! while my other friend had a bit more SPL and it was great for bass drops, but i want the best of both worlds! and with the sound system i wanna be able to hear the other instruments or melodies and i want it to be really nice when i dont have the subs on.

i know this is alot but i know what im lookin for so just tryin to give the most info as possible so that you guys can help me pick out the system for me. and if you need any other specs just let me know.

check out some sundown products. the sa-10 and 12 are some of the best subs out there for the price. their amps too. and youll be happy with 2 300 watt rms subs believe me lol. for wiring, a 4 gauge kit is probably what you'll end up getting.... but that all depends on the amp you get.

seems like your getting yourself a little worked up though.... lets start at the stat haha. get the car, and a head unit ( dont forget about that) and then take it there

upgrading your grounds is never a bad idea. and if u have an suv you wont have to upgrade that big *** alternator.

btw - lamb of god sounds pretty sick with the double bass kickin from the truck.

Alright so i mostly need help pickin out a great full car audio system for an SUV im planning on getting! im not really worried about price range but i dont wanna have to save up forever to get it. but specs that i know i want is pretty much two 2 ohm 12" subs around 1500w rms at 2 ohm(dosnt have to be exactly same wattage but aslong as i can feel the bass really hittin me im happy), an amp that puts out the same at 2 ohm, great car speaker setup so that i can still hear some great mid-high sound, a great box, what wires i should get, and other stuff ill need like if i need big 3 upgrade, upgrade alt, etc.. and stuff like
so besides that my other specifics is that im a metalhead so i listen to alot of metal but i also love real bassy songs like yelawolf or tech n9ne and dubstep, and also i listen to other stuff as well like pop, country, oldies and all that stuff but mostly metal and really bassy songs. So in other words my main thing is i wanna FEEL the double kick drum very precisely but i also want the bass drops in metal songs and the big bass beats in the hiphop or dubstep songs i listen to.

i have had friends in the past who had ****** setups for metal but i no longer talk to them so theres no way i could ask them lol. but one friend had a great setup for like the kick drum cause when he played like five finger death punch its sounded amazing! while my other friend had a bit more SPL and it was great for bass drops, but i want the best of both worlds! and with the sound system i wanna be able to hear the other instruments or melodies and i want it to be really nice when i dont have the subs on.

i know this is alot but i know what im lookin for so just tryin to give the most info as possible so that you guys can help me pick out the system for me. and if you need any other specs just let me know.
I am a metal head. I started with 2 12s, then went to 2 15s, and now am switching to an 18.

METAL IS VERY HARD TO GET A LOT OF BASS OUT OF. Let me save you the trouble. I wouldn't get anything smaller than 15s if I were you.

I am a metal head. I started with 2 12s, then went to 2 15s, and now am switching to an 18.METAL IS VERY HARD TO GET A LOT OF BASS OUT OF. Let me save you the trouble. I wouldn't get anything smaller than 15s if I were you.
This, unless you are using some sort of epicenter which I don't suggest.

I am a metal head. I started with 2 12s, then went to 2 15s, and now am switching to an 18.METAL IS VERY HARD TO GET A LOT OF BASS OUT OF. Let me save you the trouble. I wouldn't get anything smaller than 15s if I were you.
i have 10s.... and i get PLENTY of bass. i listen to pretty much only metal. ive always had 10s and ive never been disappointed.

This, unless you are using some sort of epicenter which I don't suggest.
you agree with me?

I could have saved myself a lot of money if I would have gone big from the start. Metal/rock is just so hard to get a lot of bass out of that bass drum kick.

What is an epicenter?

bass boost it

Not sure if it would be muddy or not, though

Pretty much if it's built right with good gear, alot of different setups will work well with metal, in my personal vehicles , I've done 10's ported and sealed,12's ported and sealed, 15's, 18's and 21" , in a large SUV I would recommend larger drivers, one of the best sounding in my truck was 2 IA DR15's on a 20.1 in around 7ft3 after displacement tuned around 32hz, even the 21" warden setup which was built more toward SPL, would just about make you throw up playing contractor by lamb of god.

And an epicenter - is a bass restoration unit , it uses upper harmonics to enhance the lower octaves freq response, or at least that was my understanding of what they do.

bass boost itNot sure if it would be muddy or not, though
Did. IF you want metal to be loud for the bass. Then I would say at least 2 15s, and ported. My 2 12's were in a ported 4 cubic foot box. Wasnt enough. For rap is was great. But metal was a let down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.