Car doesn't play 40hz

Participant count
  • Participant list

FamousMassacre
10+ year member

Team Tantric
Hopefully you can help me on something:

I have a stock headunit with a okay LOC and okay RCAs, for some reason, there's a problem playing 40hz frequencies.. Where would you think the problem lies? I'll eventually get an Audio Control LC6i and some good RCAs so I'll know if it's those soon.

Any input?

40Hz, +/- about 3-4Hz. And it doesn't totally shut off and not play, but volume is really decreased. Car is a 2012 Ford Focus, my initial thought was the HU. LPF is on about 80-85Hz, SSF is around 29-30Hz on amp. HU to LOC (from front speaker wires) to amp. I'm almost positive it's somewhere before the LOC, because I can't imagine the box doing that, and it's not the settings on the amp.

Premium sound or anything? Sounds like there is some sort of processing in the factory stereo.

Need to tap the signal before it gets processed if you can, I know in my TL it goes to an external "eq" then back the the HU before the speakers. Hopefully it's not done in the HU, otherwise you're fucked afaik

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.