Car audio out to sea?

H4cK
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Home
I want to setup a system on a boat (50ft). The system is not gonna be any kind of basshead setup, just something loud and clean, and able to cover the engine noise. We already have some marine kenwood speakers hooked up to a Pioneer HU, and the sound is "decent", but we want some bass! We arent looking to spend alot on woofers, but what would be our best setup. We had 2 10inch pioneers setup in another boat (38ft), and they were installed under the floorboard. Would it be better to setup the woofer(s) possibly in the cabin or even on the deck and maybe do a bandpass enclosure?

Anyway Ill wait to see what you guys have to say, and we will work from there...

Ill try to get some pix to show where the setup is going.

The cabin is a little tight for space, infact I wouldnt really call it a cabin :p

Would it be possible to put the woofer in the bilge(under the floor board, where the engines are)?

Ill get some pictures of the boat to show you what I mean.

Well the engine shouldnt take in any water, and if it does, the bilge pumps will automatically pump it out.

Ill attach some pix of the interior.

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

man , a sealed enclosure is not that big, i have one for a single 12" and its 40X40X40 cm

so u can ake the hight less, increasing width, and smuggle it under the seats,

on the 2nd pic, those things at the side are seats right??

if they are , measure, the hight, if its more than 12" then u r set, u can build a box, not more than 1.5cuft, and muggle it there , in on of the spaces, it will not take any space.

or if the space under seat is less than 12" , then go with 2 10" each one at a side . will be better

ya dude, if your that tight for space, make a fiberglass enclosure and attach it to the celing. that would be your *BEST* bet, save space and sweet looks.

even get some components and another amp - maybe 300w for the cmops and 500w for the sub(s)

mmm... id do some koda 8's and some re comps tbh.

sounds sweet, very nice looking boat too!

I personally think you may want to go ported in this application if you can afford the space. I doubt you would be very satisfied with one sealed sub in a boat that big, that is also very big.

Thanks for the compliment req.

Actually I was thinking the same thing about putting them under the seats upfront. I was speaking to a friend, and he suggested 2x TS-W125C/DVC in bandpasses. We would then try to seal the conclosure off from water by boarding it off somehow. How do you guys think this would work? I was also thinking of possibly mounting just one of those woofers in the cabin up in the corner on the wall. I dont have any pix of the cabin now, but its not that big, and basically wont be used for anything as far as I can see (just toiled :p)

We also wanted to add 2 more kenwood marine speakers(which we already have) to the roof downstairs, to help cover engine noise :p Currently we only have 2 infinity's in the front corners (if you look closely at the pic you will see them)

Is this boat gonna be in salt water? If so maybe marine sub woofers would be better for the situation. Salt air/water really eats the hell out of stuff, and it would probably do the same to most subs.

well yeah, its gonna be salt water. We are out in the caribbean, so sea breeze is an everyday thing for us, and we have to put up with it. If we were to put the woofer in a bandpass, I thought that that would help out the situation, especially if we plan on sealing off the area it is in.

Continue with the ideas though... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yah, well a bandpass would do the trick then, only problem is executing it correctly so it sounds good. I personally think it would be fine just to get this sub...http://www.thezeb.com/p-Clarion-CM2503-RET-Marine-Subwoofer-101196.htm, Clarion makes some of hte best marine audio stuff, so I can't imagine those subs wouldn't perform decently. Then just port it, don't bother trying to bandpass it, probably not worth the effort, or hte size of hte enclosure. Two may be in line, one on each end of hte boat, or near each set of speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.