Car audio newb looking for some speakers.

You get what you pay for in essence. Good starting speakers would be any of the Alpine series
For the price of alpines you can get much much better speakers. Morel maximo are way better than the alpine type-r for instance and they are cheaper and hand built.

I'm not really looking to get a high end setup, I'd like to get something better than the stock setup because whats in there now doesn't sound all that great. I looked up how to install an amplifier and I'm fairly sure that I could do it but I'm really just looking for speakers that are better than the stock speakers.

For what you are looking for, you could get away with about twice that budget. At $100-$200 a pair, you could get some quality speakers.

I really like the advice you were given to focus on front stage. Think of it like a build. Spend the extra money on a nice set of quality front speakers. Later, if you still want to improve, invest some more money into rear speakers. If that needs to be improved, you can add an amp. Just take it one step at a time until you reach a point you are satisfied with the sound.

Again, you'd be better off, IMO, if you got one set of quality speakers vs. two sets of budget speakers.

Alright, I'll just upgrade the front speakers for now and get some good high quality ones and then later on when I get more money I'll upgrade the rear speakers, wires, and maybe get an amp.

So for now I'm looking for a good pair of 6.5" speakers for the front of my car.

You get what you pay for in essence. Good starting speakers would be any of the Alpine series

I second the Alpines. I have the older Alpine Type-R component set. It puts out more mid-bass than 99% of mass market speakers, mid range is clear and powerful, tweets are smooth. Their only downfall is that they need a stronger amplifier. I'd say they need at least 70-80watt RMS at 4ohms. 100+ would be better. Great bang for the money. The newer version just came out this year with the woofer using some of Alpine subwoofer technology and completely new tweeters and crossovers.

I recommend being patient, and watching the classifieds here, and ebay. I was in the same boat when I bought my truck, door speakers were busted.

I wound up starting with just infinity kappa 6x8's I found on ebay for I think 150 dollars powered by the head unit. I quickly became hungry for more. Bided my time, found a used jl audio 4-channel amp to amp them, and added a jl audio sub. I slowly built my sound system one piece at a time. If you start with something good, you can make it sound great later as you can add a good amp.

I rode around with busted speakers for weeks before I found the right speakers and could afford them. Research whatever you find mentioned at a price you can afford on here and on google if you're like me and don't know anything about the items/brands mentioned. It's what I do. I think it bugs some people, but I have close to 900$ in my sound system now, and that's my hard earned money, I"m gonna ask questions and be sure I'm spending it the best way I can.

Don't just jump on whatever you can afford now if it's not right, just because you want at least a little better. You may be driving around and listening to this radio for a while yet, and you don't wanna be stuck with less than you desire later on just because you made a hasty decision before you could afford to make a better one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.