car audio an cap help please!

zeppigio
10+ year member

hi my brother is puttin in some beat in my pops 1968 cougar with a stock alternator. he has new JVC KD-HDR60 deck 2 mtx 6x9s an 2 mtx 5x7s an in the trunk, two 12''s mtx jack hammers an i think about 1200w? amp his power cable is a 2g would it be smart to put in a cap my pops dont want the battery to get drained or the lights to dim all help would be appreciated

"an" is used in place of "a" before a word beginning in a vowel. I believe the word you're looking for is "and". If the cap makes him happy, go for it. I doubt you're really pushing 1200watts anyway so you should be fine. If you still get dimming, you can sell the cap on craigslist to someone else who also believes they have a purpose of existence and then you can start reading here about how to actually benefit your electrical system.

"an" is used in place of "a" before a word beginning in a vowel. I believe the word you're looking for is "and". If the cap makes him happy, go for it. I doubt you're really pushing 1200watts anyway so you should be fine. If you still get dimming, you can sell the cap on craigslist to someone else who also believes they have a purpose of existence and then you can start reading here about how to actually benefit your electrical system.
this

my pops got a coug an i got a 68 also i dont like original its goin in the direction of a resto-mod anyone from the bay would know whats good with the cougnut. so a cap dont do ****? i told him he was better off just getting a highoutput alternator. because if any one knows about old whips alot of them are a 6v in the 60s went to a 12v an the stock alternator says 65amp but its str8 low power and all the wires are over 40years old. why on each forum there has to be some chump with no life who thinks there an english teacher?

x3

na, just when i went to an audio shop they were non-stop saying that it being a old whip. That it needed a capacitor to keep from the lights dimming and overall just killing the battery. i don't know much at all about the setup of a car audio system. And whats needed or just crap they trying to get me to buy. its in my dads car so he dont want to waste anymore money then needed.

Omg.. How illiterate can people be.. It amazes me how ******* bad people can be at writing, I did not think this was possible.

If you're (see what I did there? "Conjunction junction what's your function?") going to post on a forum, asking for help, take a little time and make it readable. It doesn't have to be perfect, just not straight retarded please.

Omg.. How illiterate can people be.. It amazes me how ******* bad people can be at writing, I did not think this was possible.
If you're (see what I did there? "Conjunction junction what's your function?") going to post on a forum, asking for help, take a little time and make it readable. It doesn't have to be perfect, just not straight retarded please.
Haha, you fail at lecturing people...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.