Car amp went up in smoke

Participant count
  • Participant list

Twest47

CarAudio.com Newbie
Wondering if I could get some advice from someone here who might know whatsup, any insight would be really appreciated.

Last week I got a receiver, amp, and speakers installed last week at a spot in New York.

Had a few issues with the alpine deck still greyed out but the biggest issue is that the amplifier started heavily smoking in my car today. I Purchased all the parts from crutchfield. What I’m wondering is what went wrong and what do I need to be wary of going back to the place that installed it. The amp I’m assuming is not going to be usable now - attaching a picture

Receiver - Alpine ilx-w650

Speakers - Polk DB652’s

amplifier - JBL GTR-104

at this point I’m not sure if I should try to have them fix it, replace the amp and fix it, or just try and get my money back and go somewhere else.

91F9B526-C4CF-4777-9EAC-F197F8A7911C.jpeg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.