car alarm?

FergieFurg
10+ year member

Boston
hey guys i recently got an 04 grand marquis, it has the red blinking light inside but idk if theres really an alarm there or if its just for looks. and i was wondering how i can find out if it really works, and about how much it would cost for an installation of a keyless entry because it didnt come with it.

thanks alot

well to see if you have an alarm. roll yo window down, lock the doors, reach in and open the door from the inside and if it alarms then you have 1

Is the light on the insterment cluster? if it is its a signal light for the PATS (passive anti theft system) system on the car. Its part of all ford motor company vehicles. As far as the alarm, you dont have a factory installed alarm. There would be another status light mounted inside the car and you would not be able to start the car without unlocking it twice with the key fob. You can have a factory alarm installed for +-400 i belive on that model car (i used to be a sales rep for ford). Or go with an aftermarket alarm with more functions for less money. I took the factory alarm off my 06 mustang GT and installed a scytek unit and have been very happy with it.

i believe its on the instrument cluster or the top of the dash, but would the aftermarket alarm be hard to install or would u know a rough estimate on installation charge?

thanks

You're probably looking at 150-200ish to install it, plus the cost of the alarm depending on how complicated it is, what features you want, and what modules will be required.

And shouldn't this be in the Security forum?

you dont have an alarm. and the price of a new aftermarket alarm all depends on what you want feature wise. base alarm $200 top of the line alarm and remote start with battery backup and remote start bypass looking around $650

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.