HEEELLLPPPP! amp troubles

Participant count
  • Participant list

TMali
10+ year member

I Can Dance If I Want To
well, i bought this amp of a member here in december and i never tested it out in my car.

today while finally testing out my system i hook up the amp and it goes to protect...FML!!!

its a massive audio p1500.1

it has a clear plexi back and i dont see anything physicaly wrong with it

every thing was properly hooked up (power, ground and remote) with 14.5V going into it

goes to protect with subs hooked up or not

any way i can figure out what would be wrong with it??

If your grounds are good, disconnect your rca's and speaker wire leaving only your power/ground/remote hooked up. If it goes into protect, you have a faulty amp. Also check your remote wire is getting proper voltage to the amp.

If your grounds are good, disconnect your rca's and speaker wire leaving only your power/ground/remote hooked up. If it goes into protect, you have a faulty amp. Also check your remote wire is getting proper voltage to the amp.
did and did...still //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

bad thing about it, is being that you have had it for monthes already, its gonna be kind of hard to prove dude scammed u

bad thing about it, is being that you have had it for monthes already, its gonna be kind of hard to prove dude scammed u
yeah... thats kindof why right now im like FML

unless hes a truely a good guy, i sent him a PM

can anyone make sense of this??

Otherwise, it's likely that the output transistors failed. That's the most common cause for an amplifier to go into protection. With no power applied to the amp, grab a multimeter, set it to ohms, and measure the resistance between the output transistors terminals. You should find none that have anything close to zero ohms between any of the terminals. If you find one or more that read ~0 ohms between therminals, they need to be removed from the circuit and checked. If you have several in parallel, it may seem as though the entire group shorted, but generally one fails and the others are OK. Of course, when you have one defective transistor in a group of parallel transistors, you must replace all of the transistors in that group. Open or broken emitter resistors can cause an amp to go into protect. If you don't find any shorted outputs, make sure there are no broken terminals on the emitter resistors

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.