caps

Participant count
  • Participant list

jeffrich21
10+ year member

i have a monster cable cap .5 farad. i git two question on top of the cap there was a grey plug in it i pulled plug out i guess that was the vent hole that they said should not be cover up or blocked next thing is when i charge it up do i from the the battery or can i do it fron the trunk with power cable, one more does it matter if cap is standing or lay down.

thank you:confused:

if the plug is a vent hole then you did the right thing. Two charging from the trunk is easy enough.. you will need either a small resistor and a test light or just a test light.. Make sure the grounds are hooke up on the cap then add the resistor if you have one under the positive side. before you put the input power to the resistor put the test light clip on the pos terminal of the cap then touch the power to the resistor and the other end of the test light..It will take about a minute.. when the test light goes out then the cap is charged..Third the cap can be upside down and backwards if that is how you want to mount it..it is sealed the vent is just to dissapate heat and will not cause the cap to leak.

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.