capacitors?

are they worth the money or is there an easier or cheaper way to keep my lights from diming
i have a semi-new battery and a 160 amp alternator
My, my, my....it's so sad when people don't bother to peruse the stickied threads in the various subforums.

When you clicked on 'Wiring, Electrical, and Installation Help' the very top thread in that subforum permanently tacked there is Officlal CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread.

It was right under where you clicked 'New Thread'...

At any rate - yes. Spend considerably less money upgrading your "Big 3" (reference above-linked thread) and give your charging system some actual assistance rather than a questionable bandaid - which is all a capacitor is.

Fair enough.

But has the thought of having a look at the stickied threads regardless of content ever crossed your mind?

It's likely that they are there for good reason...

Add to that the fact that this question, in various iterations, is asked repeatedly over and over and over and over and over and ov... Get the point?

A simple search (that being an option on almost every forum page there is) of the word 'capacitor' yields 900 results in under 5 seconds when I clicked on it...

There's nothing wrong with being a novice in the hobby.

There's nothing wrong with helping to educate yourself either. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

More detail?

The parameter I entered in my search was the single word 'capacitor' and it spit 900 results back at me.

I read constantly that 'the search never seems to work for me.'

I'll wager it likely doesn't when you don't use it!

Oddly mine never seems to fail. It's a bit slow at times but it still churns out results like crazy...

As far as everyone here, the big 3 is the most effiecent and cost effective upgrade. Not too many on here think that a Cap is worth it but I myself do. IMO they do what their supposed to. I have run 2 1 Farad and now my 2 farad and since that install I have yet to see my lights dim or my power drain. There also a cheap way to help ease the stress on the alt and battery. I would go for it!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

doyoshuffle5

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
doyoshuffle5
lowell, in
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date