Capacitor Problem?

This cap is pretty much useless as most ppl above have already stated, but YES: to answer your question - The Cap's Ground should be a GOOD GROUND - NOT just ran over to one of your amp case / mounting screw / bolts ! EVERY ground in ANY vehicle SHOULD be treated the SAME WAY - Use the SAME GAUGE wire as you do for the positive side of whatever you are grounding, and ground to a good SOLID, UN-PAINTED, METAL SURFACE... I always ground directly to the frame, or if uni-body: Run a dedicated ground from the battery along with your power wire when you run it. Honestly though: If you have yet to do the BIG 3 upgrade under the hood of your vehicle yet: DO IT - That alone will do more for you than that cap EVER will //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif GL, hope you get it sorted out

get rid of the power accoustik cap and get a boss or pyle 20-30 farad cap, it'll make wonderful power to give your amps every ounce of juice it needs!!! fill your car up with capacitors! one run between the alternator and battery, one between each grounds, one between your amp and battery and one between your amp and subwoofer!
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh:

man everyone seems to just have a hard on for how much they think caps ****. If you think that so much open up your amp and remove the caps and see how much they actually WORK cuz your amp wont without them.

man everyone seems to just have a hard on for how much they think caps ****. If you think that so much open up your amp and remove the caps and see how much they actually WORK cuz your amp wont without them.
Are you serious ?? LOL

You have no idea what your talking about.

Are you serious ?? LOL
You have no idea what your talking about.
The caps inside the amp supply the power that the amp outputs. cap added to the power cable outside of the amplifier behaves just the like caps inside the amp.

Ditch the cap and buy a decent battery the only thing a cap is used for is filtering out alt noise. Other than that they are completely useless. I might have misread but you should have your power wire from your battery going to the cap and then from your cap to your amp with as short of a wire as possible . also put your ground away from the mounting location of the amp but keep this wire as short as possible as well, you cannot over do your amps ground the more contact with metal the better. Also you may need to put a better ground on your batt as well

tldr........ assuming you have the conventional round cap, there will be a small screw behind the main terminals that appears to just hold the plastic cap on...... it's actually the remote wire to turn the cap on, just like your amp remote. any cap with a display, or over a few farads will typically be remote activated for a good reason. caps, are not a bad thing, unless you are using it/them to stop voltage drops, then, yah, they are pointless, and only mask the voltage drop, which still happens. i use them on the bench power supply to filter the ac ripple..... your battery normally does this in your car, but not completely....that is what a cap is good for.

and, fyi: your amp will work without the main caps, or even rail caps. i do it all the time.

The caps inside the amp supply the power that the amp outputs. cap added to the power cable outside of the amplifier behaves just the like caps inside the amp.
Nice try..LOL, you still have no idea what your talking about.

You should disconnect the negative off of your battery before doing anything with the electronics in your car. Taking the fuse (what fuse btw) out is not enough.
Yes i learned this the hard way... just replaced my starter so i naturally uplugged the hot cable and dam there was a spark... forgot there was 2 power sources.. anyways my cap did not come back on after

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...