Cant power my Jl 1000/1!!! WTF

i'm assuming that since you didnt list a head unit, that you are running the stock one.
its possible that when you distort the factory stereo that it backs off the signal output to avoid blowing the speakers. depending on the signal setup to your amplifier, it may be backing off the signal so much that the amp doesnt see enough input voltage to stay on.

are you using the signal sensing function?

i am not 100% sure on signal issue though.
Yes im using the factory HU. I have a hi/lo converter maybe i need to tune it. I had this same wiring setup with my last system. A 500/1 and a W6 and i never had cut outs. The Amp is showing a low voltage light so i think its a power issue for sure, but ill check out what you sugested anyway bc no1 has been right so far.

Gain too high or our beloved JL's amps put out nothing but shitty, dirty power. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

where in NY are you, I could help you out if you're local, I had the same setup for a lil while and it worked just fine. PM me.

btw did you wire it to 3 ohms or did some1 else, you cud have made a mistake and wired it .75 ohms so the amp is clipping real bad when u turn it up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.