Cannot Control Head Unit

Participant count
  • Participant list
I installed a new Pionner DEH P6200BT on my 2002 Grand prix and it had no problems until now. Its been 6 months and now all of a sudden the lights on the head unit are off even though the system is working, meaning i cannot control the unit. Also it starts working again fine every now and then. this is really irritating, can someone please help me. thanks!

Sounds like dirty contacts on the removable face.

Take the face off and spray the contacts off on both the HU and the face with some contact cleaner (Radio Shack or most hardware stores will have it).

Then after it dries carefully snap the face back on and off a few times to further loosen any crud, then try to play it again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.