CAN MY ROCKFORD PUNCH 200ix AMP HANDLE 2 OHMS AT 200WATTS OR***********

Are you talking the old skool bar-b-q stlye amps? If so they will run at 2 ohms with no trouble at all. In fact I had several (still have one) running at 1 ohm with no problems

I ASKED ALL AROUND,PEOPLE BE SAYING AFTER 5 MIN. IT WILL FRY!!!NOW YOUR TELLING ME 1 OHM!!!!WOW!!!! SO YOUR SAYING THIS AMP CAN PUT OUT 800RMS AT 2 OMS-400RMS AT 4 OHMS???I RAN A 600RMS JBL OFF THIS AMP WITH NO PROBLEM,BUT REPLACED IT BECAUSE IT WOULD GET KINDA HOT WHEN I GOT MY NEW COMP-X DUAL 4 0HM SUB RUNNING IT AT 2 OHMS.NOW I HAVE THE IMPULSE US ACCOUSTICS SD-1200 HITTING 1200RMS AT 2OHMS

Originally posted by COMP-X I ASKED ALL AROUND,PEOPLE BE SAYING AFTER 5 MIN. IT WILL FRY!!!NOW YOUR TELLING ME 1 OHM!!!!WOW!!!! SO YOUR SAYING THIS AMP CAN PUT OUT 800RMS AT 2 OMS-400RMS AT 4 OHMS???I RAN A 600RMS JBL OFF THIS AMP WITH NO PROBLEM,BUT REPLACED IT BECAUSE IT WOULD GET KINDA HOT WHEN I GOT MY NEW COMP-X DUAL 4 0HM SUB RUNNING IT AT 2 OHMS.NOW I HAVE THE IMPULSE US ACCOUSTICS SD-1200 HITTING 1200RMS AT 2OHMS
I don't know what they actually "put out" the birth certificates are long gone. But I do remember the first one I ever bought was 256 per channel and I'm not sure but I think that rating was @ 2 ohm so I would imagine in bridged mode @ 2 ohms your prolly lookin closer to 5 or 600. I've run several of these amps at 2 ohms and never had a heating problem or any problem for that matter. And up until about a week ago I had one running at 1 ohm and it never skipped a beat! I've personally had the best results with the ix and dsm models I did have a 200x2 transana and they will kick out at one ohm but even they will run at 2 ohms with no problems. At least all that I have tried //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i never personally had a rockfor amp but i know a lot of people that did. they are starble at 2 ohms in STEREO mode. if you bridge the amp at 2 ohm you WILL FRY IT. i know someone that had an old school punch 250. he ran it at 2 ohms bridged for about 2 weeks and fried it. did this 7 times before the guy at best buy told him not to anymore because they are not 2 ohm mono stable.

Originally posted by rain377 i never personally had a rockfor amp but i know a lot of people that did. they are starble at 2 ohms in STEREO mode. if you bridge the amp at 2 ohm you WILL FRY IT. i know someone that had an old school punch 250. he ran it at 2 ohms bridged for about 2 weeks and fried it. did this 7 times before the guy at best buy told him not to anymore because they are not 2 ohm mono stable.
]
I disagree but then again I dont think were talking about the same amps because I'm pretty sure they didn't make a punch 250 in this style. But I could be wrong though I've never seen one. Are you thinking of the silver and black ones? If so I totally agree with you because those are piles of sh!t!!!! IMO

]
I disagree but then again I dont think were talking about the same amps because I'm pretty sure they didn't make a punch 250 in this style. But I could be wrong though I've never seen one. Are you thinking of the silver and black ones? If so I totally agree with you because those are piles of sh!t!!!! IMO
They made a 250m in the punch power series I know they made a 50 ,250 and a 500 may have made other that's the ones I've seen and I have the 500

Gotta be a record. 20 YEAR OLD THREAD BUMP....

really.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...