Can my car handle this?

Participant count
  • Participant list

BumpinStang
10+ year member

I drive a 2004 Mustang. I currently have only one stock battery and the stock alternator. I plan on getting two SA12" subs in a ported box. Also, two amps. one for the subs and one for the speakers.

With all this, will I need a second battery? Will I need a h/o alt? What are the pros/cons to investing in these/not investing in them? Also, what gauge wiring should I be using? I assume the amp to the speakers will be fine with smaller wiring? Any help would be appreciated.

i use to run 1200rms in my stang with stock alt and batt with out a problem wouldnt hurt to add another battery in the trunk tho

I would recommend using 0ga wire to a distribution block and run w.e you need off of that

make sure you do the big 3...you will need to pull an equivelant ground wire...if your planning on running any real system...the mustangs are unibodys...so they have no real frame...so for a solid ground you need to pull one from the front...

2k amp for my subs. Not sure of the wattage for my speakers yet. obviously something smaller. would a h/o alt be a waste? Simply getting a second battery is all I would need? What about getting a digital capacitor? I feel like having two amps would easily run down a single battery.

make sure you do the big 3...you will need to pull an equivelant ground wire...if your planning on running any real system...the mustangs are unibodys...so they have no real frame...so for a solid ground you need to pull one from the front...
The big three is something I will do. Not upgrading would cause overheating wouldn't it?

i would get 2 decent size batts or 1 large batt for the trunk at least if you are going to be running 2k... a h/o alt wouldnt be a bad investment u can pick up a decent h/o alt from dbelectric.com for 200 bucks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.