No Bass = No Bueno

Participant count
  • Participant list

nawgee
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Valencia
So today I was trying to determine the problem with my sound system. For the past couple of weeks or so my bass has been cutting out. Now I had a similar problem a few months ago, but the problem then was that my fuse near my battery was acting weird so I replaced it. A couple of months later, I try to turn up my volume and the bass cuts out?? Now today I checked went out with my DMM and checked my voltages, and everything seemed fine. I observed my amp when turning up the volume and it didn't cut off or going into "safety" mode. What else could the problem possibly be??

BTW my sub is a JL Audio 10w7 and my amp is a 500/1.

So today I was trying to determine the problem with my sound system. For the past couple of weeks or so my bass has been cutting out. Now I had a similar problem a few months ago, but the problem then was that my fuse near my battery was acting weird so I replaced it. A couple of months later, I try to turn up my volume and the bass cuts out?? Now today I checked went out with my DMM and checked my voltages, and everything seemed fine. I observed my amp when turning up the volume and it didn't cut off or going into "safety" mode. What else could the problem possibly be??
BTW my sub is a JL Audio 10w7 and my amp is a 500/1.
Did the sound still cut out when you were observing the amp with the volume going up?

Maybe a bad ground?
A bad ground would cause the amp to turn off, so this COULD be the problem. Need a few more details.

voltage drops or bad ground
Voltage drops definitely, bad ground definitely. Again more details.

What head unit do you have? There could be several different reasons why you're having problems. I agree with both of the above, but need more details. Assuming the amp never actually turned off or went into protect, I would say faulty or loose RCA connections between the amp and the head unit.

OK thanks for the responses guys and Merry Xmas btw //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

But um yea, the volts drop to like 13.5 and the amp remains on when the sub cuts. So the only thing that cuts off is the sub for like 2secs and then it comes back on. My ground for the amp is pretty solid (sanded down to bare metal). I checked my connections earlier but everything seemed in tack. My HU is a Kenwood eXcelon KDC-x993.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.