Can my car handle 2k+??

n8te81
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So for the past week I've been looking for a 2k amp for my sq 12 and I know that no matter how the amp is if I don't have the electrical to support it that I'll never see the amp potential. Setup as follows....

Car=350z

Stock alt=110amp

Battery= Duracell platinum agm

Wiring=sky high 1/0 through out split to 4g to both amps.

Mids and highs=marc Antony 4ch 4x100

Sub amp= ED nine.1

Sub= sq hdc312

I think that covers all of it. But I really don't have the means to see if I have what it takes to step it up. I really don't have any dimming now but at night when I have my lights on I have slight instrumental panel dimming but it's barely noticeable.

So for the past week I've been looking for a 2k amp for my sq 12 and I know that no matter how the amp is if I don't have the electrical to support it that I'll never see the amp potential. Setup as follows....
Car=350z

Stock alt=110amp

Sub amp= ED nine.1

Sub= sq hdc312

I think that covers all of it. But I really don't have the means to see if I have what it takes to step it up. I really don't have any dimming now but at night when I have my lights on I have slight instrumental panel dimming but it's barely noticeable.
If u do 2k amp u have to upgrade big 3 wires to what your amp wire is.. 110 amp alts not good (for system) my grand prix is 120 or 125 and I won't go over about 600rms with it..

Car=350z

Stock alt=110amp

Sub amp= ED nine.1

Sub= sq hdc312

Install a voltmeter that taps straight into your amp's pos and negative terminals.

If u do 2k amp u have to upgrade big 3 wires to what your amp wire is.. 110 amp alts not good (for system) my grand prix is 120 or 125 and I won't go over about 600rms with it..
Its different for every car. My old 2003 corolla stock with 80 amp alt with a few AGMs held 2k+ 4 channel easily. Some cars like yours cant handle even the slightest power demand.

It takes power to make power. U can't clamp 2400 watts and stay over 14v with a 150amp alt and stock battery along with your 4ch amp and other car eclectronics. 150a alt x 14v 150x14=2100... you must have magic amp that 200% efficient //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

It takes power to make power. U can't clamp 2400 watts and stay over 14v with a 150amp alt and stock battery along with your 4ch amp and other car eclectronics. 150a alt x 14v 150x14=2100... you must have magic amp that 200% efficient //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
No I have a magic amp that plays music with dynamics and rise

I get less voltage drop with my Taramps 3000 than i did with my VFL 4480. The vfl would drop to 13.8 and the taramps only drops to 14.0. Brazillian efficiency for the win? Still need to clamp it to see what its actually putting out

I get less voltage drop with my Taramps 3000 than i did with my VFL 4480. The vfl would drop to 13.8 and the taramps only drops to 14.0. Brazillian efficiency for the win? Still need to clamp it to see what its actually putting out
Full rail vs half rail..

Brazillian and vfl dont share the entire same design. Brazillian will always make more from very little.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Full rail vs half rail..
Brazillian and vfl dont share the entire same design. Brazillian will always make more from very little.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
Ahh i knew they were super efficient but i didn't figure it would be that small of a draw.

I don't think any shops around here can do clamps thays why I was wondering if there was other ways to see or if I just need to go for it and see how it goes. At night is when I would only see maybe a slight problem cause HIDs always draw a decent amount of power.

I've got a built in voltage in my car but I'm not sure how accurate it is lol. I've always thought about getting that stinger I just didn't really have a place to put it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.