Can I use a Skar rp2000 as a slave to my skv21500?

Participant count
  • Participant list
You can only strap a pair of identical mono amplifiers capable of this. Being the model numbers are different, it is likely not a good idea at all to try it with those amps, unless you want to see the magic smoke come out.

You can only strap a pair of identical mono amplifiers capable of this. Being the model numbers are different, it is likely not a good idea at all to try it with those amps, unless you want to see the magic smoke come out.
Damn, well i can get another skv21500 used for around $200, so I think ill end up doing that.

Yeah the SKv2-1500.1D specs say it can be run strapped, so a pair of those you could do it. Just make sure your final impedance will work for them strapped. Meaning, if the amps can run at 1-ohm each, when you strap them, you need a final load of 2-ohm. If you run 1-ohm to the strapped "pair", each amp sees 0.5-ohm and more likely to fry them. Obviously you're going to run whatever impedance you are going to, just adding that to minimize blowing the amps. And of course lookup the manual to see what it says about strapping to make sure you do it right.

I would advise against setting up two different amplifiers to be slaved off of unless the same amplifier, model and make. Im sure it could be done this way, but you would use the lowest amperage amplifier for the master. May be something to experiment with if you dont mind cooking an amp or both while experimenting, or it may work? Non the less, I would use the same amps to slave and master off of.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...