Can I seperate a component set?

Participant count
  • Participant list

evil_lies

Texas
I want to put a component set it the front of my Jeep Wrangler. I can get an adapter to fit a 5.25" speaker and a tweeter mount. I have found there are a lot more options in a 6.5" set (and sometimes better prices). I need a pair of 6.5"s in my sound bar in the rear, can I use the woofer in that location and keep the tweeters and crossovers in the front and add a set of 5.25"s? I don't think the crossover will know the difference, it just send the lower signals to the woofer, correct? If I do this should I keep the speakers the same brand or can I mix/match?

from what i under stand yes you can. just find out what your crossover is sending to the woofer and get a woofer that can take what the crossovers will give them. also if you comp. 6.5 is 4 ohm then get another 4 ohm 6.5 .

if you do that i dont see any problems.

i kind of split my comps up. right now im running my tweeters of my crossovers and my 6.5 mids off my amp. and ya i have the tweeters/crossovers on the same amp.

from what i under stand yes you can. just find out what your crossover is sending to the woofer and get a woofer that can take what the crossovers will give them. also if you comp. 6.5 is 4 ohm then get another 4 ohm 6.5 .
if you do that i dont see any problems.

i kind of split my comps up. right now im running my tweeters of my crossovers and my 6.5 mids off my amp. and ya i have the tweeters/crossovers on the same amp.
So the mids are running active off the amp?

So the mids are running active off the amp?
they were, now there back on the crossovers as i have 4 pro 6.5 active off my amp.

need to get another nice 4ch for some 8" midbass speakers . when i do im going to sell my comps.

bit to answer your ? yes i was.

I want to put a component set it the front of my Jeep Wrangler. I can get an adapter to fit a 5.25" speaker and a tweeter mount. I have found there are a lot more options in a 6.5" set (and sometimes better prices). I need a pair of 6.5"s in my sound bar in the rear, can I use the woofer in that location and keep the tweeters and crossovers in the front and add a set of 5.25"s? I don't think the crossover will know the difference, it just send the lower signals to the woofer, correct? If I do this should I keep the speakers the same brand or can I mix/match?
Get 5.25" components and 6.5" mids or coaxials for the sound bar.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.