can i reuse g35 sound system?

ChrisC
10+ year member

my friend is getting new speakers and amp for his 2003 infiniti g35 coupe. He said i could have his front and rear 6.5 speakers and the stock amp. Since its all stock, do you think i could install these into my Acura Integra? I have heard rumors that you cant install stock amps into other cars.

In my case (Toyota) the stock amp requires a specific stock HU. If you got that (the HU) from him as well it would be possible, but not practical.

If his speakers are the same impedence, usually 4 ohm, as your factory speakers then you can swap those into your car easily, but you may not even notice a difference

I've never seen an infinity or Acura radio, but i assume it just like all the other factory stuff.

if it's bose (i have yet to see a G35 that isn't, but i'm sure there are some out there) you may be biting off more than you can chew. if it's not bose, then you could make it fly. good luck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i haven't seen a g35's system but judging from the jeeps stock infinity amp and speakers they can be a little tricky to get the amp to power on right with a different hu but that was in jeeps, so all i got to say is good luck,

" no highs, no lows, must be bose" but i wouldnt complain ITS FREE!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.