Rainbow Profi Vanadium CS 265? Discuss....

Participant count
  • Participant list

FoxPro5
5,000+ posts

Causal wanderer
In my searh for the ideal comp set I have come across these babies. In my research they are highly regarded as an excellent sounding speaker. I have owned MBQ Premiums for the past couple of years and the tweet is just too hard to tame for me.

So what do you think of the Rainbows in the following install:

In a well sealed and deadened door

Tweets mounted braxial style over the mid

200 watts per side...or...90 watts biwired using the passives

Thanks for your input //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Also what's the difference between the Profi, Profi Vanadium and the Professional (Pro) lines??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif :confused: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

if you're in the market for high-end speaker set, also consider the Seas Lotus Reference set //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks for the links. I already was on Rainbow's site but wasn't able to determine the differences between the lines let alone between the reg, kick bass and phase plug. The Pro's must be an older version of the Profi's????

And yes I have considered the Seas Lotus Reference and Professional line too.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Anyone??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
Yes the Professional line is the older line up to '04...The new Profi line tweeters from then on all have accoustic volume, thus lower Fs and greater flat freq range.

The Vanadium line is simply the metallic version of the Profi line- doesn't make it better, its only a few bucks difference pricewise...its just a different option for those that like metallic domes.

Yes the Professional line is the older line up to '04...The new Profi line tweeters from then on all have accoustic volume, thus lower Fs and greater flat freq range.
The Vanadium line is simply the metallic version of the Profi line- doesn't make it better, its only a few bucks difference pricewise...its just a different option for those that like metallic domes.

Just picked up a set of Pro Vanadium CS 265....Extreme Competition is what's stamped on the mid. Came with the CAL 25 tweets and the 160 mkII mid. Not exacty sure what year they are from...'03 would be my guess. I like the build quality of my MBQ Premiums so I thought I would try something a little different form them crazy German engineers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

I just need a find a good location for the tweet. Untill now I have run my Quarts coaxial style in the doors with the tweets pointing to the roof, so I figure I will put some double sided tape on the Rainbow's and drive around a few days and move them around to the best location....what do you think???

I'm also considering making a tweeter bridge to go over the mid so I don't have to do any cutting in the door panel. My doors are now well dampened and sealed to allow the mids to get down and dirty, but I need to find the best position for the tweets...hmmmmm....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Just picked up a set of Pro Vanadium CS 265....Extreme Competition is what's stampped on the mid. Came with the CAL 25 tweets and the 160 mkII mid. Not exacty sure what year they are from...'03 would be my guess. I like the build quality of my MBQ Premiums so I thought I would try something a little different form them crazy German engineers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif
I just need a find a good location for the tweet. Untill now I have run my Quarts coaxial style in the doors with the tweets pointing to the roof, so I figure I will put some double sided tape on the Rainbow's and drive around a few days and move them around to the best location....what do you think???

I'm also considering making a tweeter bridge to go over the mid so I don't have to do any cutting in the door panel. My doors are now well dampened and sealed to allow the mids to get down and dirty, but I need to find the best position for the tweets...hmmmmm....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
I personally like the tweeters near ear level unless you put'm in kicks...If you are used to Quarts, I expect you'll really enjoy the smooth timbre out of these tweets.

I believe the manual encourages reversing the polarity of the tweeter if placed a good distance from the mid.

You can tell from what model year they are based on the product code on box- last 2 numeric digits applies to year. Ex. cs265.03

Good luck.

I personally like the tweeters near ear level unless you put'm in kicks...If you are used to Quarts, I expect you'll really enjoy the smooth timbre out of these tweets.I believe the manual encourages reversing the polarity of the tweeter if placed a good distance from the mid.

You can tell from what model year they are based on the product code on box- last 2 numeric digits applies to year. Ex. cs265.03

Good luck.
Thanks for the tips. What kind of power do you think they would prefer with the mids in the doors...I have 200 per side that will go to the passives for the time being....thoughts??

Thanks for the tips. What kind of power do you think they would prefer with the mids in the doors...I have 200 per side that will go to the passives for the time being....thoughts??
Thats a perfect amount of power imo for them...just set conservative gains and dont clip ...you'll be fine and enjoying sweet tunes

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.