Can I put a system together with this budget?

itsblown
10+ year member

why is there smoke?
Toledo OH
My friend knows im in to car audio and asked me what I would pick out with a $500 budget. we have to use a line out converter because of the way his climate controls are integrated into the stock head unit. he wants 1 sub no bigger than a 12 and a component set in the front amped. More focus on the speakers then the subs in terms of quality. Can we make it happen for under 500?

500 ill get you a xfl 12 and vfl 4480 amp with a 4 gauge amp kit and loc shipped from me and new .could have the amp and sub at your door in 1 day wires in 3-4 days

500 ill get you a xfl 12 and vfl 4480 amp with a 4 gauge amp kit and loc shipped from me and new .could have the amp and sub at your door in 1 day wires in 3-4 days
need to focus more on the speakers than the sub stage, we can build the box

Said he also wants components. I think his best bet would be a 5 channel, used sub, madisound selection of mids and tweets. That's what I would do but what do I know

Said he also wants components. I think his best bet would be a 5 channel, used sub, madisound selection of mids and tweets. That's what I would do but what do I know
I actually tottally over looked the possibilty of a 5 ch, thanks for the tip, what exactly is madisound?

what would 350 get me component and 2ch wise?
a set of cdt hd 61 components and i have a used arc audio kar 200.2 i can do for 260 shipped and an amp kit for anther $35, or the same components and a ph 4100 for 370 shipped all new

Id grab the Eclipse SC6500's for $125 on eBay, a Cache COE6 6 channel LOC for $75 on eBay, a 4AWG amp kit, a Jensen KA5 on eBay for $150, and something like a Dayton HO10 in a sealed box.

He will have a great sounding system for relatively cheap.

You can find some Old school Used amps that Are SQ/SQL oriented for your Front stage pretty Cheapies,and very Under rated power/Clean.Most 5 ch amps are Very Expensive, as where you can look to find a decent 2ch,for front stage, and a 2ch to bridge mono @2ohms on a single DVC4 ohm 8/10/12,or a 4 ch to run in 3 ch mode even,and more than likely will save you some money there for power.I dont think we have heard just as to What Vehicle this is going in as well may help with Speaker suggestions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.