Can I hook my subs up to...

Participant count
  • Participant list
There should be no problem with installing your car speakers in your home. I have done this on several occasions, and am in fact running a set of RF 12's at the very moment on my home system. Playing Godsmack through them right now, and they sound pretty decent. They have an inline crossover to keep them below 100Hz, and thus far- no complaints. The main thing to be concerned with is if your reciever will handle the impedence load the speakers present to it. Many home recievers are rated at 8 ohms per channel. In which case; the speakers may have to be wired in series to yeild the nominal load. Be sure and find this information first and procede accordingly from there.

take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Ok ill just do the two ohm for now .i have really good electrical .ill prolly just go ahead and buy a bass 8 or 12 k for now until i can get a...
Got it , LOC black wire actually needed to be grounded . Every video I watched said said it doesn’t and that’s just to reduce noise but apparently...
There is one more thing; you said you will be using the OEM amplifier for the front stage. If that is the case, then you may need an vehicle...
If you have multiple amps you do not need to run a power wire from each amp to battery.. You can have a single run of wire with a distribution...
Ill be wiring my next one up at the amps battery bank area and run it to the dash to keep an eye on it

About this thread

scott4251

10+ year member
scott4251
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from