Can anyone explain this?

Where is the probe connected? I'm not familiar with that scope, but it appears the bottom line is 1vac, meaning you're missing half the picture. Can you move the wave up and down on the display?
It's connected to the output of the amplifier to the speakers. I moved the wave down because when I give it more power it goes past the top so I needed to bring it down so I can see the peak. When I connect it to my smaller amplifier for mids and highs it shows a perfect wave. No ripples.

It's connected to the output of the amplifier to the speakers. I moved the wave down because when I give it more power it goes past the top so I needed to bring it down so I can see the peak. When I connect it to my smaller amplifier for mids and highs it shows a perfect wave. No ripples.
Please share a picture of a clean wave on the same scope. I personally don't like digital displays, because the processing involved manipulates the displayed image. I also don't like a $40 oscilloscope and think it's ironic to complain about the image on one.

Please share a picture of a clean wave on the same scope. I personally don't like digital displays, because the processing involved manipulates the displayed image. I also don't like a $40 oscilloscope and think it's ironic to complain about the image on one.

Did you see the other thread where dude did the same thing?

Like I said, the wave was perfect on the smaller amp, but your right that's why I returned it yesterday. Looking for something better that still won't break my wallet.

Like I said, the wave was perfect on the smaller amp, but your right that's why I returned it yesterday. Looking for something better that still won't break my wallet.
Sorry if i sounded snooty. I would look for a quality used oscilloscope. Ask local electronics programs. My oscilloscope is long discontinued, but still reliable. If you need something battery-powered, then i am even less helpful.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...