Dual battery question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr.D

CarAudio.com Newbie
Miami
I have an AGM battery under the hood and an XSpower D3400 in the trunk, I am running a stock alternator on my Infiniti q50 which gives 150A. Should I be charging my batterys at night? It's a 2000w RMS system. Thanks in advance.

I have the same car.
I'm running a DD M1d (1750) and a DD C5 (400) with the stock alt and an AGM under the hood and I'm not getting any clipping
What amp and subs are you running

I have the same car.
I'm running a DD M1d (1750) and a DD C5 (400) with the stock alt and an AGM under the hood and I'm not getting any clipping
What amp and subs are you running
2 kicker L7 12s with a rockville DBComp5 it has a clip light and it would go off with barely any bass. Now that I upgraded the batteries it goes way louder before the clip light comes on. Still feel like it should go louder without clipping.

I have an AGM battery under the hood and an XSpower D3400 in the trunk, I am running a stock alternator on my Infiniti q50 which gives 150A. Should I be charging my batterys at night? It's a 2000w RMS system. Thanks in advance.

Check your overall system voltage. You may want to charge your batteries if your batteries start resting below a certain voltage. Alternators won't deep charge a battery like a battery charger will, from my experience. Just check on it. I had my system and used to have to charge my batteries from giving many demos during the work day.

I recommend you get something like a stinger volt meter, learn where your normal system voltages are while you're playing on the road, or sitting still, vehicle on/off. Just learn the vehicle and you'll know when your batteries might need some juice.

Check your overall system voltage. You may want to charge your batteries if your batteries start resting below a certain voltage. Alternators won't deep charge a battery like a battery charger will, from my experience. Just check on it. I had my system and used to have to charge my batteries from giving many demos during the work day.

I recommend you get something like a stinger volt meter, learn where your normal system voltages are while you're playing on the road, or sitting still, vehicle on/off. Just learn the vehicle and you'll know when your batteries might need some juice.
This is the answer I was looking for. Thank you so much!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...