10+ year member

OH
Im going to be building my own box, its for a 10 inch American Bass XFL

Pushing 1k RMS at 2 OHM.

SPL-BOX SINGLE 10

The dimensions listed are

- 18.5 Wide x 17 Deep x 13 Tall

- Port size: 1.25 Wide x 11 Tall x 14 Deep

But the numbers in the picture at the top don't add up, is the picture just used as an example and nothing to do with the listed dimensions?

Working with a 2015 Mitsubishi Lancer trunk isn't too small, would like to save some space though.

Listen to Rock and Rap.

This is my first box build.

[quote name='THATpurpleKUSH']That's a horrible box design, don't use it. Very peaky and narrow bandwidth.

Do 1.2-1.4cf tuned 32-35hz with a 4 inch round port.

Round ports are much easier to design around.[/QUOTE]

Try using Torres box calculator and entering the values @THATpurpleKUSH advised... it's easy and free... you can adjust to your vehicles dimensions and it'll be simple.

Looking at this now, gotta look into round ports never looked into those.

24 Wide x 16 Deep x 11.50 Tall

*4 inch round port ( Precision Port 4 inch Flared tube kit im seeing people say to use)

-or square port-

*2.25 Wide x 20.25 Deep x 10 Tall

Also have to make sure this size enclosure fits in my trunk ha

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

[quote name='shredder2']Try using Torres box calculator and entering the values @THATpurpleKUSH advised... it's easy and free... you can adjust to your vehicles dimensions and it'll be simple.[/QUOTE]

I am going to do that now, thank you

Looking at this now, gotta look into round ports never looked into those.
24 Wide x 16 Deep x 11.50 Tall

*4 inch round port ( Precision Port 4 inch Flared tube kit im seeing people say to use)

-or square port-

*2.25 Wide x 20.25 Deep x 10 Tall

Also have to make sure this size enclosure fits in my trunk ha

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

I am going to do that now, thank you
If someone is willing to model that driver for your power... the slot can be sized for your actual power... just list your amp/load and box size.

Sorry brother... I'm not at my computer or I'd help... lol

If someone is willing to model that driver for your power... the slot can be sized for your actual power... just list your amp/load and box size.
Sorry brother... I'm not at my computer or I'd help... lol
No worries,

Im going to be using a JBL GTR-1001 1,000 watts RMS at 2 ohms pushing 1 American Bass XLF 10 inch.

Box Size is 24 Wide x 16 Deep x 11.50 Tall

No worries,
Im going to be using a JBL GTR-1001 1,000 watts RMS at 2 ohms pushing 1 American Bass XLF 10 inch.

Box Size is 24 Wide x 16 Deep x 11.50 Tall
You do realize that once it's enclosed that your sub/amp combo will be actually delivering considerably less than 1K likely... so sizing the port is desirable with a slot.... it'll help keep size to a minimum at the very least... other reasons as well... if nobody models it.... I'll be home in a few, I'll take a look...

You do realize that once it's enclosed that your sub/amp combo will be actually delivering considerably less than 1K likely... so sizing the port is desirable with a slot.... it'll help keep size to a minimum at the very least... other reasons as well... if nobody models it.... I'll be home in a few, I'll take a look...
I did not know that, hopefully still have enough power to push this sub.

Im going to be building my own box, its for a 10 inch American Bass XFL
Pushing 1k RMS at 2 OHM.

SPL-BOX SINGLE 10

The dimensions listed are

- 18.5 Wide x 17 Deep x 13 Tall

- Port size: 1.25 Wide x 11 Tall x 14 Deep

But the numbers in the picture at the top don't add up, is the picture just used as an example and nothing to do with the listed dimensions?

Working with a 2015 Mitsubishi Lancer trunk isn't too small, would like to save some space though.

Listen to Rock and Rap.

This is my first box build.

That web page is very sketchy with the pic and plans not matching.

I was playing around and came up with this... a single round is easier of course but here it is anyways...

I used the CAB at 2 ohms for the input... guessed on Driver displacement at .11... couldn't find it btw

B6ve7k.jpg

3ohaBP.jpg

slN6Ak.jpg

qv6bDO.jpg

KPGJC4.jpg

Looks like if you set your 24db per octave SSF at 19 hz you'll be golden...

QSJY7B.jpg

That's a slot port... sub up/port back configured like this...

8AyC8Mw.jpg

I'm just adding drivers to the ol' database... lol

I should be able to make something like that, trying to figure out the 37 inch port length kinds hard to see on phone lol, never had a top mount sub.

I should be able to make something like that, trying to figure out the 37 inch port length kinds hard to see on phone lol, never had a top mount sub.
use the "physical port length" to tell ya how long to make the port wall... it does have a bend in it btw...

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

What car are you installing it in?

Just be careful when using the cut sheet as your front panel needs to be shorter to accomodate the port and the port side needs to be .75" longer as well like this...

3IB26wU.jpg

This is an example only... not for a single XFL-10 btw... lol

use the "physical port length" to tell ya how long to make the port wall... it does have a bend in it btw... 

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

What car are you installing it in?
2015 mitsubishi lancer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.