camaro sub box help?

I have a 1995 camaro, they are small in the trunk, and I have the biggest possible box you can fit back there.

To find the volume of the box, just divide the box into seperate squares/triangles and add up the volume. But honestly, there's no way that your box is too big in a camaro for those type R's. A bigger box, especially only one slightly bigger won't cause your subs to be quieter.

You have two 12 inch type R's, the 122D's or the 1244D's?

You probably have two dual 4 ohm voice coil subs, if you have them hooked up right, you're only seeing about 300 watts rms on daily music to each sub. Those subs can take triple that daily with no problem.

Your problem isn't your box, it's your amp.

I have a 1995 camaro, they are small in the trunk, and I have the biggest possible box you can fit back there.
To find the volume of the box, just divide the box into seperate squares/triangles and add up the volume. But honestly, there's no way that your box is too big in a camaro for those type R's. A bigger box, especially only one slightly bigger won't cause your subs to be quieter.

You have two 12 inch type R's, the 122D's or the 1244D's?

You probably have two dual 4 ohm voice coil subs, if you have them hooked up right, you're only seeing about 300 watts rms on daily music to each sub. Those subs can take triple that daily with no problem.

Your problem isn't your box, it's your amp.
My box is huge I def have over 1 cu. per sub and thats being kind and I have 10's

Fill the box with packing peanuts. Dig them all out and put them in a box. Measure the height, width and depth of the filled area of the box. HxDxW will give you the cubic inches. divide that number by 1728 and you will know the cubic feet of the box. Subtract for the displacement of the subs to be a little more acurate.

Its not a perfect method but it does get you close.

And what type of subs are they? D4 or D2

MTXman may have solved your problem for you already.

I have an MRD-M605 on my type R 10" D4, 600 watts at 2 ohm and that little sub pounds.

Fill the box with packing peanuts. Dig them all out and put them in a box. Measure the height, width and depth of the filled area of the box. HxDxW will give you the cubic inches. divide that number by 1728 and you will know the cubic feet of the box. Subtract for the displacement of the subs to be a little more acurate.
Its not a perfect method but it does get you close.

And what type of subs are they? D4 or D2

MTXman may have solved your problem for you already.

I have an MRD-M605 on my type R 10" D4, 600 watts at 2 ohm and that little sub pounds.
i ran 1 sub at 2 ohms and it didnt change the sound one bit. they sound really loose and hollow. (the mrd 1005 says it 1000 w and 2ohms) thats just what it says.

If you can wire one sub to 2 ohm then im guessing you have a pair of D4s. You only have the choice of wiring the pair at 1 ohm or 4 ohm. The amp isnt rated to run at 1 ohm and running it at 4 ohm will only get you 250 watts rms per sub. Thats way underpowered for your 12s. You need to get the right amp and feed those babies some Power.

How are you just running just one sub? Leaving the other one in the enclosure unwired or just taking the second one out? Your enclosure volume is probably to big for just one sub sealed.

My 10" is in a 2.3 cub box ported and its surprisingly loud and hits hard on the low notes. I cant imagine that amp with 1000 watts a 2 ohm not shaking the s**t out of your Camaro.

Is yours sealed or ported?

My advice would be to run 1 in a ported box. Type R's really need to be vented to get the most out of them. You'll probably be suprised at its output.

I currently have 2 R 12's sealed in my hatchback running off 2 zx750's. And its not too much louder than just 1 of them vented with the same amp.

I need a new box. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

My advice would be to run 1 in a ported box. Type R's really need to be vented to get the most out of them. You'll probably be suprised at its output.
I currently have 2 R 12's sealed in my hatchback running off 2 zx750's. And its not too much louder than just 1 of them vented with the same amp.

I need a new box. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
no i wont be surprised i had these subs in a ported enclosure in my civic with the same amp it hurt my brain //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I was hoping that this camaro box i bought off a friend would work but its there is to much space in there. this is my second camro i know what it should sound like with 2 10s in a sealed enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.