Camaro Sub Box Build. Lots of pictures.

concept11253
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
First off, I haven't posted on these forums since like january.

Well my friend wanted a ported box for his camaro. I decided it was time to break out the tools and begin work. If anyone wants to the dimensions I can have them posted up later.

And Yes, I know xplod's ****. They are not mine.

This box is ported to 35hz @ 1.9 cubes

sub4-1.jpg

sub3as0.jpg

sub4-1.jpg

sub5-1.jpg

sub6-1.jpg

sub7-1.jpg

sub8-1.jpg

sub9-1.jpg

sub10-1.jpg

I had an accident with the caulking gun...

sub13jpg.jpg

sub1.jpg

Installed!

sub11-1.jpg

sub2.jpg

This box was surprisingly loud for its small size. Nothing compared to my 5.5 cube box with my 15, but still. This box has some punch. I thought there would be alot of port noise, but there really isn't any port noise at all. Only ~14 Square inches of port.

O sorry the camaro box.

where'd u put the amp?

I was just wondering about your subs because I was looking at them earlier.

The guy was telling me I would need 2 of them or 1 18.

Thats just crazy....

my car would fall apart..

I tried my hardest when matching carpet color. lol

The CompVR sounds pretty decent. Not as good as some other speakers but it really pounds hard. Even with an Audiobahn amp. Granite, the box is 5.5 cubes with 60sq inches of port, but still its loud.

Maybe I am going deaf, because I can't hear the port noise. BTW, I used brake caliper paint for the black. haha

nice work, i know as well as anyone what a PITA third gen f-body boxes are, built 3 for mine, one ported but i had just a hair more port area //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

the box looks good. but i realy think there would be port noise. unles you have your subsonic filter set to like 80Hz. i would think theres port noice. lol J/K

how much power are you runing them with?

still looks good. mang

laters

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.