Cadence vs. Audioque and DD

you get what you pay for
Ah, the phrase that ever DD nuthugger falls back on. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

15" composite DD cone - $239

15" cf DD cone - $250

cf DD dustcap -$40

So that's $290 or $279 respectively....for cone upgrades. That's nonsense. I'm just breakin' balls. If you like DD, that's cool. Personally, I'm never going to pay $250 extra for a woofer cone, because I think it's stupid.

we r not going to reason with him, he paid so much 4 his sub so it has 2 be the best, guess a w7 is one of the best thing sout their caus ei know people who buy them retail for hundreds

Whoa, this thread turned into more than I was expecting, and I got my DD 2512 for cheaper than a Cadence ZRS12-800D4. Honestly I think for the most part you get what you pay for in the electronics world as far as MSRP goes. I got mine for under MSRP so the rule stands but DD isn't for everyone, Cadence is more for the masses, and Audioque is for the people in between. It's all about marketing and them being able to cover all groups of people.

Then no.....Cadence is not the record holder for 2 subs
happened in turkey a while back maybe it has been broken, cadence is much bigger out of the states, it was with iasca, it may have been defeted recently i havent kept up with competitions as much they hit 179.8 something like that back in 03 i know it stayed 4 a long time on a dual sub setup

HDC3 does not = DD9500.
HDC3 = cheaper wanna be copy of DD9500.

Cadence = Copied Konaki/AQ, who copied DD.
completetly different subs not a cheap copy

hdc3 and 9500 same motor basket and coil.
i though you knew better man they are not the same subs i have run hdc3 and im running a 9515g right different quality wise performance wise everything

really stupid statement btw i mean if you had the two ****in motors side by side like i had the opportunity to do you will notice an ass ton of diferences

And DD holds the 1 sub record. 180 + So um....... What you got ?
you have no clue what your talking about really dont argue a point you cant make okay brah your just making everyone else who runs DD seem like they got thier heads up thier own asses.

i'm not saying that DDs prices are fair but the **** isnt that expensive i paid 95$ for a D2 9515g recone and the **** still wont break in

if you can find used DD for the right price jump on it cuz its a good deal BNIB prices are not so much attractive, But DD does do thier **** right.

So which equals which again? I own a DD 2510 and a pair of HDC3 10's. And I own a TermLab. Which Cadence do I need to get to meter all of these subs head to head? Are we talking boxes built to manufacturer spec or the same box or what?

This will be done.

[Edit:

the zrs1000 series are basically the same sub as a dd3500
their daytona series are the same exact sub as hdc3 and 9500

the zrs800 is the dd2500 or aq 2.5 their all from same buildhouse
So, should I get the zrs1000 or the Daytona to be fair? I guess I really need a 3500 to do this right, huh? I heard that the 2500's were louder than the 3500's anyway. So which and which and which do y'all wanna see head to head? Does anyone wanna donate or sell me a Cadence sub cheap for testing? Lol.

Looks like it'll have to be the ZRS1000 because they don't offer the Daytona in a 10".
So is 2500 vs. HDC3 vs. ZRS1000 a fair comparison?

Where can I buy a ZRS1000 10"?
No, it's not a fair comparison! The HDC3 will kill both. The SDC2 is the same level as the 2500. I don't know about the 10, but the HDC312 weighs about 52lbs. The ZRS 12 weighs 35lbs. I'm sure someone is going to say weight has nothing to do with it?

All of the HDC3's have the same motor, if I'm not mistaken. And the 2510 is no pushover. My single 2510 did a 141.0 on ~ 800w, my pair of HDC3 10's on an AQ2200@1ohm are doing 143.7. I know there are more factors in play, but doubled the cone area and doubled the power and got +2.7db. The AQ is only going to kill the 2500 because it can take more power, but 1500 to each and the HDC3 is gonna catch hell from the 2500. Put 3k on the AQ and of course it's going to kill the other two because they can't take it.

So how do you do a fair comparison, really? Wouldn't any quality sub of the same size and comparable power handling be pretty **** close? Put all 3 in the same box on the same power and I'll bet they're all within a couple tenths. It would probably come down to tuning and whichever sub performs best at that tuning. They all seem to want ~ 1.5 cubes, but DD wants a 37hz tune and AQ wants 40. Who knows where Cadence wants to be.

No, it's not a fair comparison! The HDC3 will kill both. The SDC2 is the same level as the 2500. I don't know about the 10, but the HDC312 weighs about 52lbs. The ZRS 12 weighs 35lbs. I'm sure someone is going to say weight has nothing to do with it?
SDC is nowhere near a 2500, it's more of a 1500.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.