Cadence not doing it for me

Participant count
  • Participant list

Why So Cereal?
5,000+ posts

Invisible Cereal
i have a FI Q 18 fully loaded in 5 cubes sealed. i have to pretty much max out the level on the amp and all bass boosts to get the sub to even move like its supposed to. Its running off a 800 amp batcap. so i dont think power is the problem. but the sub def seems to need more and i dont want to clip it. so should i go bigger amp? and what would u suggest? I would like to stay around 250 or less

First of all what Cadence amp? Second of all whats it wired to? Third is it tuned properly via DMM or Oscilloscope?

Cadence makes some junk and some great stuff. The good stuff does rated and some. The TXA series, ZRS serices, and the Ultrashock series all do rated power and some. I had a Z1200 rated for 1200@1, benches at 1400+@1 with a .05% THD at rated power.

Just saw that you run the Daytona. Is it the DCA-1000 or the DCA1600. Regardless they do rated and some. Either your not wired properly or your tuning is way off as well as your bass boost.

are those aq1200s underrated or overrated or right on?
i agree with buck. they do at least rated, if not just a bit more. but they arent highly under rated like say a sundown 1200 that does 1500 or more (supposedly)

just like AQ rates their subs close to what they can handle(i think). they dont rate the sub for 600 watts and it can handle 1200 daily np

First of all what Cadence amp? Second of all whats it wired to? Third is it tuned properly via DMM or Oscilloscope?
Cadence makes some junk and some great stuff. The good stuff does rated and some. The TXA series, ZRS serices, and the Ultrashock series all do rated power and some. I had a Z1200 rated for 1200@1, benches at 1400+@1 with a .05% THD at rated power.
this.... i just installed a candence xenith series 400.1 and it's rated for 400rms@2ohm, and 850peak, but i got rated max draggin the truck electrical way down to low 11's. i did notice, it needs a lot of preamp voltage to respond. maxed the gain, and had to use boost to get it up to putting out decent

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.