Cadence 0 Gauge or Knu KCA Kable 0 Gauge

lionfamlee
Premium Member

Premium Member
Hey, I am about to do an install for someone and they will need 4 runs of zero gauge wire. First off, I use Knu Kolossus, Stinger Pro, and welding wire for my personal installs and know the benefits. The person I am doing the install from want to buy his own wire and has narrowed it down to two brands:

Cadence 0 gauge $49 for 24.5 ft x 2 totaling $98 w/ free shipping

Audio Savings | CADENCE 0 GAUGE 24.5 FEET RED AMP POWER/GROUND WIRE

Knu KCA Kable 0 Gauge $87 for 50ft w/ $11 for shipping

Knukonceptz product detail for KCA KABLE 1/0 ULTRA FLEKS BLUE CCA POWER CABLE 50'

I know the Knu is CCA and the cadence is supposed to be OFC. I only have first hand knowledge on Knu Kolossus not the KCA line. Which way should he go? Keep in mind I have already try to convince them on Knu Kolossus or Stinger, but this the way they want to go. Thanks

I like the Cadence wire personally... all I have in my truck in 4ga and 8ga is the cadence flex ofc... no complaints here... if you search I think there is a wire comparison thread and for the cost/effeciency the Cadence is the way to go on a budget!!!

If you're gonna do 4 runs this tells me it's a high power system with extra batts.

CCA is not gonna do the job....

No question he should be using OFC. Knu flex is the way, but if it must be Cadence so be it.

As far as I know, the Cadence is CCA also. Here are some pics I took. I prefer the Cadence over the KNU wire. It is a little more flexible, and it was cheaper when I got it. (sale...)

KNU is red, Cadence is blue.

1111.jpg

1414.jpg

On the link you provided for the Cadence it says "◦High Purity Oxygen Free Copper Standing,◦Ultra-Pure Copper Conduction" mybe thats just the "cladding", IDK

I wouldn't use CCA at all if it were me.

I just got the that cadence wire. It is nice and flexible. I haven't installed it yet but it seems to be high quality.

It is definitely CCA not ofc.

In that case the KNU might be a few bucks cheaper, but it doesn't much matter.

good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.