Cablguy184's 1949 Ford Custom Sedan

Participant count
  • Participant list
Chevy (74 Chevy truck) alternator installed on the old Ford Flat head 6 !!! 80 amps charging should have no problems with 2 batteies in the trunk (to be set up at a later date). Considering the plans are to add air conditioner and power sterring to this 6, I'm hoping we will not need a larger alternator (gonna have an Astron power supply added to the electrical for shows and events) ... Wired up VERY basic until I can get the new wiring harness installed, but charging good !!!

image_url-43297-1371433670.jpg

New fuel lines installed !!! I know, should have been braided lines, but just need her running good until after October ... We have plans to pull the engine and trannny for updates over the winter !!!

image_url-43297-1371434088.jpg

So the only thing we NEED to do to the engine and tranny is fix a small water leak near the water pump (hope I can find the gaskets) and install the floor shifter ...

Got me a temporary Gas Tank !!! 5 gallons should do the trick for small rides and back and forth to the friend's shops ... Got plenty of plans for the trunk, but gonna keep it very simple until afer October ... Hopefully you will see quite a few upgrades to this trunk area before October, but nothing in stone ...

image_url-43297-1371434002.jpg

Look at all that room in the trunk area !!! almost ashame that there will not be a large sub driver enclosure in there ...

Took out the headlight assemblies and gave them to Mike (Hyper) to see if he can come up with some type of upgrades for me ...

image_url-43297-1372023460.jpg

Yes, I know that the driver's side needs alot of work before the headlights can be permanently installed. We are going to french in the bessels (chrome trim pieces) so this should not be a problem for us when we get to doing body work on the front cap ...

Also ... gonna take that grille off soon and see what is salvageable (rechrome) or neds to be replaced. The marker lights will be filled in. State law on these cars do not require signal lights if they were not and origional option ...

image_url-43297-1372027903.jpg

Mike stopped by and delivered something to me on the way to Scrapin the Coast !!!

image_url-43297-1372023486.jpg

image_url-43297-1372023512.jpg

These look AMAZING !!! Can't wait to see them on the car !!! Thank you Mike, If you get a chance ... please quote this post and give us some details on these lights !!!

EDIT: Mike is on CA-F, so as soon as he post his update for this ... I will copy and paste it to hare !!!

In the process of gutting out this car this weekend, I tried to snap a pic or 2 ... Here is one of the back seat / trunk area ...

image_url-43297-1372023055.jpg

At the moment ... there will be no back seat installed back into the car. The old one was completely destroyed ... Maybe one day I can find another one to get in there, but for now it's not an issue to worry about at this time ...

Also ... got the back driver / passenger windows assembly out so we can get the new windows cut and installed !!!

image_url-43297-1372028035.jpg

image_url-43297-1372028062.jpg

Nice view of the wife's 2013 Chevy Cruize too ...

The interior metal work is actually in much better shape than the picures show ... Some rusty places need to be cut out and be replaces with good metal. We will get to it as soon as we can ... I'm just trying to get everything gutted out and cleaned up so we can see what is going on with this ride !! So far, we are in good shape ...

We got the floor boards cleaned up so we can get some deadner in there and see about making enclosures for the kick pannels while we work on everything else ... From the looks ther should be PLENTY of room to fit one 8 in each kick pannel area in their own pored and tuned enclsures !!!

image_url-43297-1372023196.jpg

We are not installing any deadner at this time to the transmission / drive train area because we are going to install a floor shifter soon and will need to cut metal for that ...

Also ... We left some room open for the foot pedals just incase something needs to be repaired, replaced, or updated for new linkages or electronics ...

image_url-43297-1372023277.jpg

image_url-43297-1372023323.jpg

image_url-43297-1372023377.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

In this pic ... You can see that I took the Brake lights out and took them apart.

image_url-43297-1372023055.jpg

They were Glass lenses. One of them was broke, So I gave the good one to Mike from Hyper to see if he can work some more magic and come up with something cool for my brake lights ...

Got my Wiring Harness kit ordered today ... Someone is taking care of this (ordering) for me while I'm running a new wiring harness kit in his 38 Chevy Coupe, So I will post the details of the harness kit as soon as I have it ... I'm going to try my best and detail that wiring setup as if the entire wiring / electrical section of this car is being judged in Sound Quality wiring inspection ...

The only thing that I have to really concentrate on is the addition of audio / LED wiring in their respected locations ... I'm thinking that the only thing that really needs to be run on their own is the RCA (coax) cables, so I should be able to run them separately at a later date ...

One step closer to getting this car on the road !!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.