Cab 2000.1

bigblank69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Eureka, MO
Before people post here and go crazy. CAB is releasing a 2000.1 amp and discontinuing the 1600.1, price is $229 and does over 2100 uncertified and over 2500W Dynamic.

IMHO: I'd take a pass on this one. Looks like it is the same amp as the Soundstream PA1.6000D, which does do rated (the online manual ratings anyways) but is VERY power hungry.

For the same money Skar does more power and for $20 more I think the Soundqubed S1-2250 is a straight up better amp.

Before people post here and go crazy. CAB is releasing a 2000.1 amp and discontinuing the 1600.1, price is $229 and does over 2100 uncertified and over 2500W Dynamic.
IMHO: I'd take a pass on this one. Looks like it is the same amp as the Soundstream PA1.6000D, which does do rated (the online manual ratings anyways) but is VERY power hungry.

For the same money Skar does more power and for $20 more I think the Soundqubed S1-2250 is a straight up better amp.
You think? I'd use none of the above. I'd take my chances on the cab.

You think? I'd use none of the above. I'd take my chances on the cab.
I personally would spend more money (Which I did). But after using the PA1.5000D (Which has a similar design to the 6000D and the CAB2000.1), the Skar and Soundqubed. The SQ is the best of the 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
people ran the cab at 1/2ohm. try that with other budget amps.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

not in the same price range. His channel is all about budget gems or busts. not amps that costs as much as people's whole budget sub systems.
point is you want something reliable. you pay

they ran them at .5 and they failed due to heat soon after

you'll argue anything if it gives you the opportunity to say you were right

Some people have luck with them running at .5 ohm.....even on a strong electrical. However, since they are MEANT to be 1 ohm stable, it's a chance people will take. Hardcore I guess.

Some people have luck with them running at .5 ohm.....even on a strong electrical. However, since they are MEANT to be 1 ohm stable, it's a chance people will take. Hardcore I guess.
I'd probably risk it for the price of $200 lol but I certainly wouldn't be overly upset when it failed. I'm sure if you feel one after running it for a while it's overly hot, they're terribly inefficient. That heat has to go somewhere

I'd probably risk it for the price of $200 lol but I certainly wouldn't be overly upset when it failed. I'm sure if you feel one after running it for a while it's overly hot, they're terribly inefficient. That heat has to go somewhere
Crossfan that sucker!!

people ran the cab at 1/2ohm. try that with other budget amps. 

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

point is you want something reliable. you pay
bro, you literally missed all the CAB fail posts on facebook. They have their fair share of failures and they arent that stable or efficient down low.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.