C2 Audio Threatcon 2

Glentract

What's the lowdown on C2 Audio Threatcon 2 subs? I'm wanting to get a 3" coil sub and theirs looks like a killer deal. The xmax is a lot better than similar subs I've been looking at too. My only concern is the 600 watt rms. What kind of power can they really handle? I'd want to run it at either 1 or 2 ohms for either 2200 or 1600 watts. I'm wanting to do 1 15. Thanks guys

Heard they are beasts just don't hit the lows like that you could get some xfls for not too much more than those or obsidians for cheaper. I like the lows so it's a big concern for me might not be for you though

1600-2200 Watts would definitely be pushing it. I've ran both Threatcon 2 12" and 15"s on just over 1k with no issues at all. DC Creations did a review and thermal limits on the 12" which was just over 1500 watts. If you're looking to run that power, buy 2. Great woofers and a box built to specs will make it sound awesome!

Heard they are beasts just don't hit the lows like that you could get some xfls for not too much more than those or obsidians for cheaper. I like the lows so it's a big concern for me might not be for you though
Would the XFL plays lows better? I thought xmax was like the most important indicator of how low a sub can play loud and the C2 has much better xmax? Not trying to contradict you, just say asking.

im not a subwoofer expert at all, i know there are more factors besides xmax that goes into tho, i heard Xfls before not the obsidians though. heard they get low tho cant go wrong with either 3 though.

The C2 threatcon 2's have no problem playing the lows at least not in my install. In the right enclosure they do a great job of hitting all the notes. Any more than 1000 watts rms is a waste on the Threatcon 2's IMO. Yes they will absorb more than that to a point but you aren't really seeing any more output over 1K. 800-1K should keep these subs sounding good and banging away for a long time.

The C2 threatcon 2's have no problem playing the lows at least not in my install. In the right enclosure they do a great job of hitting all the notes. Any more than 1000 watts rms is a waste on the Threatcon 2's IMO. Yes they will absorb more than that to a point but you aren't really seeing any more output over 1K. 800-1K should keep these subs sounding good and banging away for a long time.
Spooney knows his stuff with this woofer. Spent alot of time with them!

If you want to hold out a little longer for the C2 Audio Team 1k 15, that will handle the power much better and hit the lows like a champ. I've got the 12" team 1k prototype in my vehicle right now and man.....it slams at rated RMS. Haven't put more power to it yet as I've been slammed with work.

Chris has posted this video of it on a DC 3.5k>>>

the threatcon 2s sound nice on every music genre, hits high bass and low bass like a champ and gets decent loud all around. If your looking for pure lows and 1600-2200 power handling, might want to hit up an FI Q or sundown X instead.

Hmmmm....okay thanks for the feedback guys. I'd love to get my hands one one day but looks like I'll pass for now. That 1k looks promising but I don't really want to wait and I've got a buyer wanting my type R so I don't want to be sub-less for too long. Probably going to go with an XFL 15.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.