BX1000D (Protect mode)

I haven't ruled out the possibility I got a bad apple and reaching that conclusion through deductive logic before I bother wasting my time sending it back.

That still doesn't mean the amp is a high quality device. The Zip ties holding the "coils" within the amp came snapped from the factory, the mounting tab situation is crap, the hex screws have stripped with barely any force from a proper allen wrench, the mounting tab holes stripped from the weight of the own amp, it gives off an alarming amount of FM reception (to the point where you can't receive a single station even when the amp is moved under the front seat away from the antenna.) Not to mention its over rated.

"For the price" its a great amp, but it shouldn't be held in such high regard by some of you. You'd swear I'm insulting your children or something. Its only an amp, yet each time I post my experience with the **** thing, you guys get all unruly and defensive. Go ahead, tell me my brahma is crap and my car is crap, You think I'd care? They are only products. We all use different ones.

But a Spade is a spade.

So instead of blaming a product you might want to look at the whole picture figure it out then say something. Just so you don't look so retarded next time.
Are you related to this amp at the hip? Do you cuddle it at night? You're insulting someone because they are describing their experience with a product.

Right on dude. Defend your amp. Defend it to the death!

It is not a well made piece of equipment, the one I got works great but like you said is not very solid. I had the JL 500/1 before and it is a much better made product and costs 2x's as well. People can take things personally when you say something that they have purchased is worthless or piece of crap.....I do not really care because mine works fine and is not a piece of crap as long as it works. I also bought it with low expectations.....but it does slam my new 12 inch Brahma very well for $250.

try rewiring the subs to the right ohm load. back when i was a noob i wired my subs at one ohm for a 4 ohm amp. good thing there was a protect mode. gave me some time to think and research, and eventually correct the problem.

al

Are you related to this amp at the hip? Do you cuddle it at night? You're insulting someone because they are describing their experience with a product.
Right on dude. Defend your amp. Defend it to the death!
I don't give a crap about this amp. Considering I have a different one than you;)

You give a bad review on a good product you will get called on it. You say the amp is crap others good experience proves you wrong. So you have no credibility and it just proves everything that went wrong was probably your fault.

Oh ya Underrated? do you have the bench test to prove it.

Noob.

I assume that the BX1500D benchtests I've read are plenty enough evidence to assume that this BX1000D is over rated too. I purchased it knowingly . Even though the tests were not done at a full 14.4 volts. Most cars don't run a steady 14.4 at the amp anyway. Real World Vs Bench.

I give it a bad review, but others have had good experiences. You think I bought the **** thing because it got BAD reviews?!?! I wouldn't own the thing if that was the case. I've got physical evidence of why I'm giving it a bad review/name.

The fact that you insulted me because of my opinion on a product, and now throw an immature term like "noob", says worlds to me about you. The only time I see newb noob n00b terms thrown around is during online gaming by twelve year olds and forum members with a "holier than thou because of my post count" attitude.

In fact, I don't recall seeing anyone in person call someone retarded since early highschool....

I think i may have found the problem. I know im overpowering my subs 400w max, 200rms, (which i got for free) by alot so I realized by sub started to have that burning rubber smell coming from it when i opened my trunk but my amp is also in the trunk along with the sub, so if my amp senses the burning smell (which is kinda strong) will it go into protect thinking its burning or overheating?

btw, my amp is going into protect, just found out on the way to school.

THANKS

How do you have everything hooked up looney? What impedence are your subs, and how are they wired? Just give us a little more information and we can probably help you out.

Rogue: Shut up and quit being so ignorant. The amp may be overrated slightly, but it's built fairly solid and all of the problems you've listed, I've never heard ANYONE complain about. The screws getting stripped....hell, that happens when you dont' use them right, it'll happen on the screws holding to your toilet to the floor too. If you stripped the mounting holes, YOU did it...not the weight of the amp. Just come on...review the amp if you're going to do anything, don't say the amp is crap because you've screwed up some of the hardware that in no way affects the performance at all.

Rogue: Shut up and quit being so ignorant. The amp may be overrated slightly, but it's built fairly solid and all of the problems you've listed, I've never heard ANYONE complain about. The screws getting stripped....hell, that happens when you dont' use them right, it'll happen on the screws holding to your toilet to the floor too. If you stripped the mounting holes, YOU did it...not the weight of the amp. Just come on...review the amp if you're going to do anything, don't say the amp is crap because you've screwed up some of the hardware that in no way affects the performance at all.
saved me alot of typing. couldn't have said it better.

my fault for saying sub(s), I have a sinlge audiobahn 10 ported enclosure that was made by audiobahn, like the ABP122T dual bandpass enclosure, they probably have it at a 4 or 8 ohm impedance.

BTW, I just blew the sub.

my fault for saying sub(s), I have a sinlge audiobahn 10 ported enclosure that was made by audiobahn, like the ABP122T dual bandpass enclosure, they probably have it at a 4 or 8 ohm impedance.
BTW, I just blew the sub.
my opinion--get a new sub---try it out if same problem happens some troubleshootin is in order.

It still cracks me up EVERY single one of you jumping down my throat owns a Hifonics. I own one too. You don't see me insulting anyone's intelligence or opinions. You guys are a bunch of *****es. I'd be ignorant if I didn't own or have any experience with one of these amps.

The mounting tabs being stripped is because the screws provided with the amp aren't long enough to grab decent hold of the amplifier base through the rear backing and the tabs. You must not be using the mounting tabs, or my amplifier is designed differently. The allen screws are softer than butter because they are made using cheap materials.

Anyone whom has handled a quality built amplifier knows decent build quality. Apparently those of you defending it so much have not.

If you enjoy your hifonics so much, why not buy another one. Mines for sale...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.