buzzing from speakers/amp

rco8786
10+ year member

Studmuffin
Atlanta
ok im running the small amp in my sig for the coax's. and the problem is there is a constant buzzing from each speaker. it is completely unrelated to alt/ignition as it is the same volume at all times. i thought it was ground so i redid that to no avail, then i thought i needed some rca mute plugs, but the other rca jacks are for rca out(to run rca's into another amp).. would this still be a muting problem? it sounds cheap but i don't wanna destroy a 5 dollar pair of rcas just to test something.

Unplug the RCA's from your amp. A muting plug is better than an open, but at least you should be able to tell if the noise is comming through the RCA's or if it's the amp itself. If the noise goes away then hook up another source, like a portable CD player. If there's no noise, then the amp's OK and you need to track down whazzup.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.