Buzz/static from speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

DarthWitten

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all.

My system has recently developed an annoying issue. I installed a Jensen CMN8620 into my 2013 Nissan Sentra (6 speaker non-Bose sound system) almost 2 years ago. Up until now, it has worked perfectly. Recently though, after 5-10 minutes there is a terrible screech/buzz/static from the speakers. I can mute the sound for 60 seconds and then it will be fine for another 5 minutes. It sounds like it is coming from all of the speakers. I changed the balance to see if it was just one or two of the speakers. But it is coming from all of them. The right side is worse though.

I reached out to Jensen but they were not much help. At best they suggested that perhaps the Crux SWRNS-63U interface was bad. They wanted me to pull the unit out and test the unit with a known good speaker. I do not have that type of testing equipment.

Does anyone here have a suggestion for me? I work at a dealership in parts and find it hard to believe that all 6 speakers can be bad. But I am open to any ideas.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...